Secret Admirer

Here's a little Valentine Special for you guys. I know it's late, but the idea came to me at the last minute. Keep in mind, in my stories the cadets and any character their age, are in their mid to late teens.
Hope you all like it.

Also, anywhere you see 'cadets' in the story, its referring to all four of them. Also, for the sake of this story, let's pretend there are some residence who are their actual animal size. You'll understand why when you read the story.

---

It's another sunny day on Big Swirl Island, and as usual, the cadets were doing their morning training session Speedy and Bea had prepared for them. They were doing well, until Rod lost focus and the Road Wing spun out of control and crashed into a nearby boulder.

"Rod! Are you ok?" Swift asked as he flew over to his rooster friend.

"Yea... but my Road Wing isn't." Rod replied despondently.

"Ok cadets... we're going to have to cut training short on account of Rod crashing the Road Wing. Swift... bring the Road Wing back to HQ so Bea can have a look at the damage. Rod can ride with you." Speedy stated.  

"Roger that, Speedy." Swift replied. "Hop in, Rod."

He flew lower to the ground just above the Road Wing so Rod could jump into the Flash Wing. Once Rod was in, Swift picked up the Road Wing and flew back to HQ.

Once the cadets were back at HQ, they gathered in the control room and stood before Speedy and Bea.

"Ok. So, what happened?" Speedy asked.

Swift, Penny and Brody all looked to Rod, as did Speedy and Bea.

"Sorry about that guys." Rod apologized while rubbing his left wing with his right hand, showing his discomfort and shame. "I... guess I got a bit distracted." he said, looking down at the floor.

"What exactly distracted you?" Speedy asked.

"It's just something that's been on my mind from when I woke up this morning. Nothing to worry about." Rod replied.

"If it was 'nothing to worry about'  you wouldn't have been distracted, so technically, it is something to worry about." Bea replied.

"What's pecking you, Rod?" Brody asked.

"Ok, ok." Rod surrendered. "I found a letter on my shelf this morning."

"A letter? What was it about to distract you from training?" Swift asked.

There was a moment of silence before Rod replied.

"It... it was a secret admirer letter." Rod replied.

Everyone's eyes widened at this.

Penny gave an excited gasp. "A secret admirer?!" she exclaimed, placing her hands on her cheeks. "That is soooo sweet!"

"Heh. Of course you'd be more excited about it than I am, Penny." Rod stated with a short chuckle.

"I can't help it if I'm keen on the idea of love between two creatures." Penny replied, before looking up at Swift with a smile and half lidded eyes.

Swift looked down at her before he briefly closed his eyes and chuckled towards her.

"Save it for later, you two." Bea told them.

Penny giggled at that.

"Right. Any thoughts on who it might be, Rod?" Swift asked.

"That's... kinda why I was distracted. I kept thinking about the letter and wondering who it might be." Rod replied.