Bring Your Parent(s) to School Day

A.N. I'm sorry about this one-shot, it was kind of my first of this style so it's not great, also I am not English so if anything is wrong let me know and I'll fix it to the best of my abilities. Also, requests are open so if there is a situation or an AU you would like to see feel free to comment it on any chapter or message me. Other than that enjoy this series of one-shots.

Hunter's P.O.V.

I walked into the primary school building, or it was more along the lines that I was dragged into the primary school building by the little demon that was holding on to my hand.

"Come on daddy, we're already late," She said, looking back at me with blueish-grey eyes that definitely belonged to her mother, whether that's a good or bad thing, I still have not fully figured out.

"We're not late sweetie. There were still other kids that were waiting for their mum or dad to show up," I state, taking a moment to glance at the children's artwork that was lining the walls. The header indicated that they were the families of all the kid's in Danni's grade, as I scanned, I noticed that there wasn't anything that resembled our family hanging up there. I was about to ask Danni if she knew why that was, but I was quickly thrust into her year 4 classroom.

Danni was right in that every other one of the children in the class had their parents sitting next to them, in tiny plastic chairs that I knew would be hell on my knees after the career that I worked, at least there seemed to be some snacks that I spied on a table at the back of the class.

"You must be Dannielle's father," The teacher said – I feel like Bobbi told me she was Mrs. Whitman or something like that – reaching a hand out to shake mine. She had a decently kind expression, but I got a read that she could be someone that was super old fashioned, and I feel like the eyeroll that Danni gave at the pronouncing of her full name wasn't helping matters. "I thought her mother was supposed to be here today."

"That was the plan, but she ended up having a hard day at work," – major bruising and a lightly sprained ankle bad day, along with aggravating her knee and shoulder – "So I volunteered to come instead, is that alright?"

"Oh, of course." She turned to Danni, "Why don't you grab some snacks for your father?" I look around the room and see that all the children's desk had a small plate or two of cookies, cupcakes, or sliced fruit on them. Danni nodded and went over to the table, as her teacher turned back towards me. "Is there any way that I could talk with you when the kids go out to their first recess. There are some issues I have been having with Dannielle in class and, while I usually try to discuss these matters with parents during private conferences, you and your wife seem rather hard to schedule a time with."

"Oh yeah, of course." I was caught a tad by surprise as Danni had never mentioned anything about issues in class to me or Bob and her grades seemed decent enough.

I went over to Danni's desk and sat down, my knees cracking in protest. Danni passed over the plate she had made, which was actually pretty healthy for an eight-year-old to have made.

Once everyone was situated and had eaten most of their food, Mrs. Whitman, (?) still wasn't sure on that one, made her way to the front of the room. "I see that everyone is pretty much situated, so I first wanted to thank all of the parents for taking time out of their busy schedules to come here. The first activity we have planned for the day is for each other students to come up and introduce that parent that they have brought. After that, the kids are going to play outside while the parents can get to know each. After there we're going to go through a little lesson, and then lunch and a brief recess followed be music class today, which I think might have a few games for the parents and kids. After that, we might have some different discussions until school is out." Whitman then called for volunteers and all the kids shot hands up in the hair. I could only assume that this was like the ultimate version of show-and-tell for these kids. Most of the jobs seemed to be fairly average, insurance agents, a couple of lawyers, some up and coming politicians, given our proximity to D.C. I also noticed that her teacher seemed to be ignoring Danni, no matter how high she raised her hand. It wasn't until all of the other students had gone.