Come From Away - Part 1 (AU)

A.N. This AU is based on the universe of the His Dark Materials books by Philip Pullman. Above are the pictures and names of Bobbi and Hunter's dæmons with Bobbi's being a Red Fox and Hunter's an English Foxhound.  I am also imagining the country that Bobbi and Mack are from is where Gotland is now, except it is its own independent country and not part of Sweden, also the title is inspired by the musical Come From Away but doesn't have anything to do with the musical. Also, let me know if you want more royalty AUs because I'm really into them right now.

"I still can't believe that my parents made you come with me," Bobbi said, sitting on Mack's loft bed with her William in her lap.

"Given you're the only one left one left to inherit the family business, there's nothing wrong with them wanting to make sure that you're protected. Speaking of which are you just going to keep watching princess or are you actually going to help?" Mack asked, from where he and his Rottweiler dæmon Safia were sitting on the floor, moving clothes from a suitcase into the his half of the dresser in the room.

He was the only person that Bobbi was close to that she let call her princess. "Hey, I helped make your bed and organize that mess that you call a desk, in addition to already doing my own room, my work is done."

"Um, are you Mack?" A man with brown hair and dark eyes asked, a British accent in his voice. Overall, he looked fairly average, though Bobbi would admit that his leather jacket looked very good on him.

"Yeah," Mack got up and went over to shake his hand, "And this is Safia."

"Nice to meet you guys, um, I'm Hunter and this is Gin," Hunter said, gesturing to his English Foxhound dæmon.

"Gin," Bobbi asked, her eyebrow raised.

"Her name is Guinevere, but that's a mouthful and so old fashioned so. Speaking of names, I don't think I got yours?"

"Bobbi and William."

"What's Bobbi short for?"

"Bobbi." The look on Bobbi's faced conveyed she was already getting annoyed with the English man.

"Alright," He threw a duffle bag and back pack onto his bed and then began to unpack his suitcase. "So are you two a thing, just asking so I know whether or not I'll need to figure out which couch in the lobby is the comfiest."

"No, Bobbi's just a family friend."

"We'll probably spend most of the time in my room, so you won't be seeing a lot me anyway." Bobbi slid off the bed. "Speaking of which, I have to go. My RA called for a hall meeting soon." With that, she left the room, to an equally stunned and annoyed Hunter.

"You're friends with her? I can't imagine that she can be friends with anyone. I mean god she's beautiful, but personality could use some work, no offense."

"None really taken," Mack said, sitting in the chair by his desk, the action of unpacking clothes completely forgotten. "Bobbi doesn't really adjust well to new people, but if you get to know her, she's actually a really good friend."

"I'm not sure that I'll ever get to find that out."

"Oh, you will. Because since you happen to have a majority of classes with me, that means that you also have a majority of classes with Bobbi."

That statement stunned both the man and his dæmon, so much in fact that Gin ended up pinned by Safia while the two were playing together.

Mack was almost positive he could hear Gin mutter, "God save us all."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out Bobbi's plan of avoiding Hunter as often as she could wasn't going to work.