Apart.

"This room will do nicely. It isn't under the floors, it has a view....It will be pleasant. Not my first choice, but it will suit it's need and purpose!.." Clark looked to Benton..."I know you said to keep things within his understanding. But...I had a change of thinking.."        Clark held out her hand, for the blindfold. "This we leave on for the rest of the day, the night. Remove tomorrow..." Clark secured the cloth into place.

"Couldn't we just use a blanket? That worked before. Less terrifying....No? Oh!..." Benton then started to thread Ethan's upper body into the the straightjacket. Ethan had no sight, felt hands all over him. Clark had already scold him once (He hadn't liked it, he became suddenly fearful)

"We are not doing this to punish, or to restrict....Maybe some restriction. With no sight, I don't want him harming himself. Or any unnecessary movement. Benton. He is to rest!..." Clark stood still a minute, looked down. Ethan was sitting on the edge of the bed, he looked miserable.

"Trinity, god bless her....Had her moment. She gave him free will. He chose. And very unwisely. We will fix the error, set things right. Trinity Shadow needs to train, strengthen her skills! Caring for Ethan will distract her, leave her no time to do what she must! Mark my words, Mr Benton. Trinity has much to "know"..." Clark bent a little, tighten the straps, adjusted a buckle....Stood back, shook her head.

This was not what she wanted for Ethan.

What had happened to her Ethan? He woke up a different person. She could tell. Benton had briefly mentioned it, but he felt wrong for saying anything. We all were soooo glad to have him awake, alive-ish.....Back with us!

EB had given him small sniffs, Bell quickly got her to stop that, it was no way to treat another.    Bell held her hands, got her to shake his hand. But, even I had noted, Ethan had a burnt smell. At first it was put down to Scarlett trying one last vengeful grasp of power (She'd tried to electrocute him!) We gently washed and cleaned him up. He was so happy for a week.....Then, he became grumpy.

Not his usual childish grumpiness.....More hate-filled. He stopped sleeping, picked at meals. His language changed. EB wanted to help him (But, she became scared? Was that the word? No. Not distant. No) She was still talking to him (She was concerned for him) Her contact to him was "careful".

(EB saw darkness.   Felt a lip-licking pull...Danger! One ill thought-out slip-up, and she would sink.    Whatever had Ethan, would grasp her too.    She so desperately wanted to drag Ethan away from the edge!   EB had every intention of telling Stella and myself.  But the moment she stepped away from Ethan, the thought disappeared from her mind)

"Benton. I will say it for both of us. Something has happened. Ethan has been trapped by something, and it came back with him..." Clark wrapped an arm around Ethan.

"Remember Macy? Yes, good. Remember her!.." Clark nodded her head at Ethan in her arms. "We will talk more. But, first I will have a moment with Ethan.." Benton nodded, moved out into the hallway.

Clark held Ethan in her arms, rested her chin on his head..."I don't want to hurt you, you know that don't you? But, your out of order. You will become sick. Not the sickness of others. No, another sickness. I will not allow the devil to come for you..." Clark then sat Ethan up, cupped his face...."You are the devil! My Ethan..." Clark gently poked his nose, touched his stubble hair.

"You are coming back to us Ethan. I won't allow myself to cut your throat. The worm within, will soon be without it's host. Ethan your our's. Always remember that!..." Clark then helped Ethan to lie down, put pillows around him. She half-closed the blinds....Went to the door, looked at him (Then left the room)