Rage.

Rex climbed into the pick-up, started up the engine...."Olive.   We're going for a drive.   I hadn't planned on this move in events.  But.   I was prepared either way.   Good to have plans, that's what I always say!    Better ready.   Lay something out.."       Rex chuckled to himself.       Olive straightened herself up in the passenger side, looked straight ahead....She quietly listened to her husband.   She too had to admit, she wasn't prepared for this next step either.

She honestly thought, she'd find what she already knew to be true.   Her son had died doing an important service for his country.   She could have lived with that.

But, now....She had to deal with another truth.

They both had no idea how "real" the information from the private investigator was really going to be.   Her ex-husband, Jack kept saying every bit of information needs to be looked into (Even if it just turns out to be nothing more, but a tall-tale!) Rex had agreed with him. Which was funny, cause Rex and Jack didn't agree on much.

Rex looked into the rear-view mirror, shook his head.    Ethan was dead, but he breathed in a fashion of sorts.   But, he was dead.    The dead aren't alive.    The dead have some rights - A blessing, a good christian burial (Or cremation) A body should be respected by all accounts. Rex felt Ethan had broken some unspoken rule. Rule-breakers are punished. Ethan moved, maybe spoke....He defied all good christian rules.

(And....He was scaring his mother half to death)

Rex glanced to his wife, back to the rear-view mirror....Ethan wasn't human.   He was a walking corpse. That made him? Rex pondered that thought a second (Ethan was no more, but.....A thing) Things are objects, they are owned. They are useful. One way or the other. Rex nodded to himself, Ethan was now a "thing" to be made into something of use.

Olive would be told what she needed to know, he'd get her to pray for her lost son's soul. Jack and Hilary would be told something "interesting". Hilary would never ask for too many details, she might want a couple....Talk Rex into seeing the men in Black Suits again. But, that could be dealt with all in good time.

Ethan stared out the moving car window, a tear rolled down his check (FUUUCCCK. WHY AM I NOT FIGHTING?! THAT OLD SHIT IS GOING TO CUT ME UP LIKE CHOPPED LIVER!! F-ING AAAAAAHHHHH!!) Ethan looked at the back of the passenger's seat, his mom had no idea about the people Rex knew. Or did she?! Ethan's thoughts suddenly turned to me (OOOO! Heck. Shit-a-brick! Trinity!) He could already hear my internal blood curdling scream.

And....Clark. Ethan already knew what Clark would do too.

EB wouldn't be able to make me stop and think.  She was a little fearful of Clark.

If Clark never got him back. Ethan didn't want to even imagine what would happen there.

Ethan did a small shake, Benton and Clark had been hard on him....Treated him in strange way (But....He was "strange". No denying that) He suddenly missed them more than he cared to admit. He looked at the two front seats of the pick-up (He felt nothing for the two people in front)        It wasn't hard to feel absolutely zip for Rex (Rex was just Rex, only in his life by marriage)

His mother was a harder one to admit to. It was like one day.....She'd slipped away.

Rex slowed the vehicle down...."We are here! "Here", you may ask is a good question.." Rex pulled into a parking space, in front of a large sliding door. He turned the ignition off, sat a minute - Looked over to Olive..."This is the place, I told you all about it. It does have it's christian values, there are some church connections. But, I believe it's main practices - Are correction. So, there is a formalness to the place..."