eight

"What?" I scoffed.

Doctor Kim was obviously convinced that Jimin might be "the lost prince".

"No way.." I murmured to myself but my head was already doing the calculations of the possibility.

It sounds like a white lie to me since the last ten or even twenty years no newspaper mentioned or even touched the topic about a missing royal hybrid desperately in search.

"Doctor Kim, there's no evidence that the royals has been searching for their lost baby all these years, how can we know that the baby they saw last night was actually a royal hybrid baby?"

He gathered his hands on the table and scoffed.

"You're talking about royals here miss y/n. Since the day the article was released, the King and Queen were interviewed but they denied every question regarding the existence of an heir. This situation lasted for about one to two years. It eventually died down when no one was interested enough in the hybrid monarchy. Since then, the royals didn't even mention or had a baby after that. Somehow, all of this lead to majority believing that...

their initial intention was to keep the hybrid baby a secret."

I was drowning in confusion and my eyeborws furrowed further.

"For what?" I asked.

"So they can keep reigning even if its to the extent that they had to give their son away to a stranger."

I blankly stared at Doctor Kim.

"I'm asking you miss y/n, are you willing to risk your life to protect the hybrid prince?"

I shrugged.

"I mean there's no harm to that right?" I chuckled pointlessly.

"The royal guards have been ordered to bring the prince to them if he's found. We don't know what kind of torture the poor royal hybrid might go through if his parents were that greedy ever since he was born."

I immediately imagined the worst case scenarios that might happen to Jimin.

No, i can't let that happen to him. I don't care if he's a prince, a hybrid or a human. I don't want to see him being hurt.

"Well if i am allowed to adopt him, i'll do the best i could to protect him from the damn monarchy."

Doctor Kim smiled and his dimples appeared.

"Please do. Sign the forms please. Let's keep in contact with each other. It might be easier for me to warn you for future troubles since i am in touch with one of the secret guards in the palace."

My eyes widened in shock. He scanned my expression and break out into a smile.

"Don't worry. I'm here to help. I can't stand seeing all the hybrids being treated badly and sent here for a treatment. They might have animal traits but they are half human. I want to help them with every power that i have so that they can still live amongst us peacefully."

I smiled in relief.

"Thank you Doctor Kim. I'll reach out to you if i need any help."

We exchanged business cards and he was surprised to know that i was a furniture designer.

"I'll make sure to purchase one of your furnitures if i have the time to visit. My wife would love a wood furniture in our house."

I laughed and excused myself as i exit the room.

I saw Jimin quietly sitting at the bench. The moment he saw me he smiled.

I went in front of him and pet his head.