fourteen

I carefully asked, sensing the change of atmosphere.

They looked prepped like every other chaebol in a korean drama.

Jimin was shivering. I could see him clenching his fist, turning his knuckles white.

"Oh, my dad wanted to look at some of your designs. He's interested in your work."

The old man scanned Jimin like a predator which made Jimin let out a deep growl.

"Is your 'hybrid' okay?" The old man emphasized the word hybrid.

Jimin stared down the old man and his son.

I recalled the last incident at the beach so i stepped closer to him and interlocked our fingers.

It took him a few seconds to relax his nerves and his fingers interlocked comfortably with mine.

"He's your boyfriend?" The old man pointed at Jimin and started walking towards us, particularly staring at Jimin.

Jimin's eyes watered as his eyes squinted in pain.

Another memory.

The old man walked in between us, forcing our hands to separate.

His son followed him, stopping in between us and whispered beside Jimin,

"Stop being a coward. How can you protect your girl when you're so weak?"
He scoffed.

The old man look at a few exhibitions that i put in the showroom.

"You're quite the designer. What kind of a designer needs a hybrid boyfriend? Don't you need a man who's more on your level?"

The old man talked like he thinks he's so wise.

"If both of you are not going to purchase anything, please leave. We have work to do."

I felt uncomfortable with the amount of tension in the air. It was killing me, especially Jimin.

"We'll come back again."

Don't.

They left the store, getting into a BMW as the chauffeur drove off.

"My head's hurting." Jimin groaned.

He held my hand as a support.

I pulled away and wrapped my hands around his back, soothing him.

He wrapped his warm arms around me and buried his face in my neck, breathing heavily.

I felt moisture on my neck.

I stepped back and looked at him.

He was tearing up.

"Jimin, look if you're not comfortable with helping me in here you can stay at home while i go to work okay? I'll promise to call you through the house phone."

He shook his head.

"I'm scared they will hurt you... i remembered."

I nod my head.

"Don't tell me yet. I want you to relax your mind."

He wiped his tears away and smiled.

He took my hand and kissed the back of it gently as he went back to continue cutting the woods.

This is painful.

We went back home after finishing up another product.

We had dinner and both of us finished washing up, tucking under the sheets to watch a movie.