Bluebells and Roses

Sean and Claire had decided to work in the library in the evening. Claire kind of liked Sean, she did not know much about him but he was funny, sweet and a gentleman. He was the nicest guy she had ever met. She was glad he was her partner.

She went to the library on time and sat at a desk. She waited for Sean, she kinda had a strong feeling that he was going to be late and he was. He came in ten minutes late.

He smiled sheepishly and said "Sorry, I had set an alarm for this. Totally forgot about it and I was on the other side of building. So I came here as fast as I could. Again, I am really sorry I am late. It is not a good first impression".

She smiled kindly and said "It's okay. Don't worry".

He smiled brightly and sat in the seat next to her. He pulled out his laptop.

"So, shall we kick the shit out of assignment" Sean asked, excitedly.

His excitement was contagious. "We shall" she replied, laughing.

She typed out the prompt on her laptop. He read it peering over her shoulder as she wrote.

"So, who writes the first para?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"We could toss a coin" she suggested. He looked at her with his eyebrows raised till he was sure she was serious. She handed him coin and he tossed it, smiling.

"I call heads" she said. "Heads" he replied, smiling more. It made her smile more.

So, she began.

                                                                   Bluebells and Roses

The bluebells looked bluer tonight. The sky darker. He was not sure what it was that did it but it made him smile. Maybe it was because Harry had finally accepted his proposal. He was his boyfriend.

It made Jim so happy that he thought he could do anything right now. He loved Harry. His bluebell eyes, his rosy lips and his midnight-hair. He loved him with all his heart and he didn't care a little bit what anyone said.

Man should not lay with man and all that crap bothered him very little but he was scared too. He didn't want anything to happen to Harry. Harry lived in a bad part of town and if word got out about their relationship they would hurt him, hell they could even kill him.

Sean looked at me for a while after I wrote this and got back to writing again.

He longed to get back to Harry as soon as he could. He worried about his safety. After all those years they had spent together in the navy, he had loved him more and more with every passing movement.

"You look worried about something" Elliot remarked as Jim tossed another file onto his desk. "It's nothing really. After everything worked out with Harry I am just worried that the neighborhood is going to find out" Jim replied, looking at his feet. Elliot patted his back and replied "Don't worry, they can't be that bad. Harry is a human being after all, they won't harm him". "You have no idea" Jim replied, picking up another file.

Mr. Garrison had them all working late that day. Jim tapped his foot impatiently and rushed through his work. He drank whole mugs of coffee and wrote and typed as fast as he could. He was worried, it was getting dark. The wind was picking up, even thunder and lightning were covering the sky. None of those could be good signs. Finally at twelve o'clock in the night, Mr. Garrison let them go.

He rushed home in the heavy rain. It soaked him from head to foot. Every inch of him was soaking wet. His hair looked ruffled and wild, his mind was in a frenzy. He hauled a cab and told the cab driver to drive as fast as he could. His heart was beating as loud as the thunder, he was shaking.

After what seemed like an eternity the cab stopped at Harry's house. His mind was filled with images of what they could have done to him. He ran towards the front door and knocked impatiently.

Sean looked at her with pleading eyes. "Don't kill Harry" he pleaded. "But that's what I am supposed to do, obviously" she said, trying not to look at the puppie-eyes he was giving her.

"That's the problem. It is what always happens, change it. It is all in your hands" he said. She looked at him and took a long breath. Then she got back to typing.

There he was, standing in his blue button-down shirt and black dress-pants, looking as alive and well as ever. His bluebell eyes, rosy lips. Jim lunged towards him and captured him with a kiss. Harry was taken aback but returned the kiss with as much passion as Jim. They were both panting when they finally stopped.

"You have got to move, man" Jim said, breathlessly looking at the man he loved and engulfing him in a warm embrace.

"I think that's it" Sean said as she finished the story.

"So, we did alright?" She asked, not quite sure.

"Alright? We were amazing. We defied the clichés" He said, looked at their final product. Their little baby. She mentally face-palmed herself for thinking that.

"So, I'll print it and we'll present it to the professor in class. Sounds good?" he asked.

"Sounds good" She answered, smiling. 

Hey, guys, 

I am back. Hope you enjoyed this. My exams began today and for a while I'll post a little less but I'll be back soon. 

Hugs and kisses,

Ash