Green-Eyed Monster

Her part of the plan was simple. All Rory had to do was stand there. The others were doing all the work; they would take him down. It was night time now, and they waited until then to do this. The sky was now a potion of dark purple and blue; the green clouds only slightly more mysterious than they were before. The plants were still as vibrant in color as before. They all had their armor and weapons, each different depending on their ability. Maximus was in a black uniform; it had sleek black shoulder armor that covered his chest. A vest of sorts was beneath the armor, several buttons on either side that connected the garment together, a chain draped over the top that hung from two purple stones. His black pants went along well with the top of the armor, two chains on both legs.

Aidan was in a red and orange outfit, elegant cloths draping across his body that seemed sewn together tightly, the rags jagged and torn. His outfit much resembled a fire. It reached down to his waist before tight black pants head down to his ankles. Channing was in the same outfit, the dark green loose shirt, and brown pants. She assumed he did not bother with any fancy or expensive outfit considering they would likely just be torn off when he turned into his wolf form. Eira was in a white cape that covered her arms and reached just below her waist. The wrap was connected at her neck by a goldstone. She was wearing a white, tight shirt that covers her entirely except for the small space between her shirt and cape. Her white pants fitted her tightly as well; however, the material seemed comfortable and easy to move. Golden details covered her outfit, making her armor glimmer in the light. She was the only one with weapons in her hands- two sleek, gold swords in either hand. Frost covered her swords, twisting down the blades. The handles were bulky and bumpy, making it easy to hold.

"So, I'm the only one without a cool outfit?" Rory murmured, quirking an eyebrow in amusement. The wolf rolled his eyes, clearly hearing her comment due to his superior hearing. Rory inspected her own outfit, her deep blue nightgown still on her body from when she woke up. She didn't feel comfortable digging through Aurora's clothes, so she stayed in the nightgown she woke up in. The dress was royal blue that ended at her knees and elbows. It had small stars on those ends, complimenting the dress stunningly. It fit loosely, making sense considering it was meant to be slept in.

"You can change, you know, Aurora,"
Aidan said, distracted by adjusting his shirt. Rory refrained from answering or correcting her name, thinking it was simpler than bringing that up again. She only shook her head at him, denying the offer.

"All right, let's do this."

They strolled into the forest towards a clearing. The five had a formation that, under strict orders from Maximus, they could not break. Rory was in the middle, surrounded by the four of them. Each of them had their powers circling her. Purple mist, white snow, and fire circled her while Channing stood in the front, shifting into his wolf form slightly- he had his claws out, teeth bared. She assumed this formation was to keep her safe, much like the walls in her room. Aliya, however, was leading them all. She flew in front, weaving in and out of trees.

Finally reaching the clearing, Rory could feel a shift in the atmosphere. She could feel the magic all around her, sending chills down her spine. But this felt different than the magic before. Her throat felt tight as her eyes darted everywhere. The magic felt dark. Although the magic felt much more dismal, it's beauty was still enchanting. She could see the small dragons perched on trees around her, hearing them squawk. Inhaling sharply, she tripped slightly on the ground, which was no longer the soft blue she had grown to love. The air felt colder, the hairs on the back of her neck rising. Aliya whimpered as she landed on the ground, wearily trotting around the area.

"What is this place?" Rory questioned quietly, feeling the twin's eyes on her. Lifting her hands, she rubbed them on her arms uncomfortably.

"With every light- a darkness; this is what we call 'The Void' because it makes you feel-" Maximus began to explain before he was interrupted.