Chapter Two - Start of a lone journey

As the sunset was about to disappear beyond the horizon, a lone young man walked on a plain path freed from grass so that anyone could recognize it as a path. Tall grass around him and his way was stirred by a breeze, but the young man didn't freeze. As long as it wouldn't rain, Eïril thought he wouldn't have any problems walking on the passage to the Gildia-Forest. With mixed feelings inside him he walked towards a branch of Beliris which goes right through Halfar. As he walked, he looked through the area.

Would he miss the time hanging around the summer hills while lying under a sunny sky Or his life at the village? After all Halfar was a nice village that promised a quiet life which was now abandoned by Eïril. As he stopped at the bridge which led over the Beliris, he took a deep breath and looked back for one last time. Green landscapes, slight hills, a forest and a branch of a river. He imprinted this beautiful view one last time into his mind before turning around. With every step he took, his knees trembled more and more, so he decided to walk along the handrail so he could carry himself along. He wished it would be the breeze which make him shiver but there was no point to lie. He was scared about what lay in front of him. But after he crossed half the bridge, with every step toward the end of the bridge he felt more excited. Even though it was his first time leaving the village, it was also a chance for an adventure.

"Maybe I can train my magic on this journey to Danarén?", he spoke to himself to distract him from his fear. Only after that he realized that he forgot something important. Not only he had totally forgotten about his magic until now but what's even more important, he hadn't even thought about Halbards letter.
"Maybe I should read the letter while the sun is still shining", Eïril thought while searching for the letter in his coat. It was a simple gray coat with a pocket each side. The letter wasn't sealed so Eïril could easily open the letter and began to read while he walked on.

"Dear Eïril,
you're about to leave Halfar at the time you read this letter I guess. As you should know by now you are able to use magic even though everyone, even you yourself, thought that you aren't capable of magic. But being able to use magic doesn't change the fact about what happened. To be honest... you're a lazy and annoying young boy if it's about responsibility. If you're just hanging around the village with skipping work and being lazy, you won't be satisfied with this for long and also the villagers won't be pleased. I know that you desire adventures and seeing the world and now is the time. The awakening of your magic was actually one of the best possible things to happen. I made a decision to use your last incident as a reason to expel you from the village. I know it is a hard decision, but it is also a chance. A chance for you to fulfill your dreams....and for us a chance of a more peaceful time while you are on a journey. Also your magic is exceptional in some cases. Not only it is a very strong magic, it also has strange defense abilities against other magic and danger. You will understand later what I mean by this but I don't think this magic should be wasted. Since the founding of the village no magic as strong as yours was mentioned. But strong magic needs responsibility and the ability to control the magic. As you may imagine now, there isn't any capable person in Halfar to teach you a magic like yours. I want you to travel to Danarén and visit a friend of mine; you'll find him by the name Ambril. Since this shall be an adventure to you I won't say too much. You know everything you need to walk on. But let me say one last thing. Sometimes it will be difficult, other times it will be joyful. But you never shall let down yourself. Believe in yourself, in your strength and your sense of justice and I believe we'll meet again even though it may be longer than a year. I'm eager to see the man you will be after your journey."