SEVEN: different than

YOU POV

"One secondddd~"

You dug your hands into the front pockets of your coat, butterflies in your stomach as Jimin pulled open the code panel of the glass entrance attached to the fanciest apartment you had ever seen on university boulevard.

Oh god, what had you gotten yourself into it?

You had never gone to a guy's house alone. In fact, tou hardly talked to guys, let alone visited them.

Chewing your lip, you let your gaze wander to the couple standing just behind you, also waiting to get in. You could smell the guy's expensive cologne from where you stood, see the skinny girl's hand resting in the pocket of his designer jacket as she spoke, teasing and pouting till he chuckled and squeezed her cheek, flashing a gold-plated Rolex.

So this was what feeling shabby was like.

You took a deep breath, trying to remember where you had got your clothes.

The clearance rack at H&M?

Hand me downs from your sister?

"Jah~"

You lifted your head gloomily as the door buzzed and Jimin pulled it open, letting the couple pass first before looking back at you.

"Come on y/n-a," he called, smiling.

You quickly shuffled on after him, barely absorbing your surroundings, only watching his back as he led you to the elevator on the far side of the lobby.

"Your apartment is nice," you mumbled as you slipped into the lift. "I feel like I'm in a hotel."

Jimin chuckled. "No! It's not that nice, really..." He pressed Floor 21.

"Well at least you're close to campus," you realized. "The biology building must be only twen--no, ten minutes away from here! Wow, I'm so jealous."

Jimin ducked his head shyly. "It's not that good for me though."

"Why not?"

"Because I sleep in more."

You rolled your eyes. "As if! You seem like the type to--to--"

Jimin turned his intense, brown-eyed gaze on you. "I seem like the type to what?"

Uh....

"Whaaat?" Jimin pressed, cheeks puffing as he grinned playfully, puppy eyes begging m you for an answer. "What is it? What do you think I am? Tell meeeeee~"

"I mean...." you ducked your head, cheeks now completely red. "You just seem like you're the perfectionist type who wakes up two hours early to do your hair."

Your eyes flitted to Jimin as soon as the words left your mouth, only to see him smiling.

"How did you know?" he said, ducking his head when your eyes met. "Y/n shi is not only cute but observant."

Hang o--

DING

"Oh! Is this it?" you launched on the distraction, joisting your bag and scooting out of the elevator. "Wow, you live so high up haha...."

Jimin shook his head, amused. "This way,' he nodded to the left. "I'm at the end of the hall."

Your heart was thudding so hard you were sure Jimin could hear it as you both moved silently to the last and only door on this side of the floor.