Chapter 11

"I know you asked if you could, but I didn't think you were actually going to do it!" Peter exclaimed as he held Loki tightly.

Loki chuckled. "Of course, I would arachnid. There was no reason to let my friend suffer when I could do something about it. Especially when the cost to me is nothing more than a nap this afternoon. And maybe a chocolate cake..." That got Peter to laugh. Loki's love of sweets was legend.

Almost as legendary as his temper. Though Peter wasn't sure he believed that one. At least not anymore. Strange was watching everything from the top of the stairs. "Stark! Damnit Stark pick up the damn phone. I was wrong. The kid's not in danger. Jarvis, tell him before he does something stupid," Strange snapped. Loki ignored him. He wasn't really concerned about Stark. He could handle whatever the idiot mortal dished out. Plus Stark would forgive him once he realized what Loki had done for Peter. Loki had gotten permission from the two people he'd needed to: Aunt May and Peter. It was none of anyone else's business.

Except that Peter stiffened in Loki's arms and the hair rose on Peter's arms. Loki knew the signs of the spider-sense, even if Peter hadn't identified the danger yet. Loki also knew there wasn't much time. Peter's spider-sense didn't work far out into the future. Loki heard the sound and shoved Peter from his arms and to safety while the teen stumbled a few steps away looking confused.

Loki had shoved him away just in time as a heavy red and gold metal object collided with the god and a hand wrapped around Loki's throat as Ironman slammed him into the nearest wall. He could've done something to avoid the attack if he weren't preoccupied with making sure Peter was safe.

Loki made a choking noise as the metal hand tightened around his throat as he was held against the wall off his feet.

"Mr. Stark! No!" Peter protested, but was being held away from the confrontation by the cloak of levitation. Everyone was overprotective of the kid, including Strange and the cloak.

"What did you do to him?" Stark snarled at Loki through the mask. Loki made another strangled noise as his hands scrambled at Tony's suit, trying to find purchase.

"He helped me! Mr. Stark! Put him down!!" Peter wailed, struggling against the cloak.

"Stark, listen to your ward," Strange insisted. "Loki did no harm,"

Loki growled and finally got purchase on the hand around his throat and wrenched the metal hand open with pure strength. His feet his the ground and he shoved Stark away, drawing his daggers in the next movement, even as he fought for breath.

Stark started to rush back in, but Loki waved a hand and stopped him with magic, holding him in one place. "Let us not have a repeat of that performance," Loki said dryly while Stark protested the treatment.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. The. Kid?" Stark snarled at Loki, threatening though he couldn't move.

Loki rolled his eyes. "It is none of your business. I cleared my actions with the arachnid and his overprotective aunt before I cast any magic,"

"What did you do?" Stark repeated in a growl. He wasn't accepting that Loki didn't hurt Peter, despite what everyone said. Loki had cast magic on the teen.

Loki smirked. "I simply gave him his heart's desire. That is all,"

Tony stopped growling and struggling. He finally stopped to pause and listen. "You-?"

Loki shrugged. "Gave him the physical form he always should have had,"

"It's true, Mr. Stark!" Peter called now that everyone was quieter. "Please don't fight!"