Chapter 38

"Are you ready for this, Arachnid?" Loki asked Peter as they stood outside the double-doors to the throne room. Both of them were wearing Asgardian court clothes, which Peter wouldn't admit he found comfortable. Thor was with them as well in his good armor, Mjolnir hung from his belt. They saw Sigyn and Wanda coming down the hall to join them, both lovely in Asgardian style gowns. Loki smiled when he saw that Sig was wearing his colors, as was tradition. She looked absolutely gorgeous in green.

Wanda was wearing her usual red. She looked so grown up in formal Asgardian dress and she held herself like a court lady. Loki was proud of her. She'd come so far from the scared child they'd rescued from Hydra. Now she looked and acted like a court lady.

"Not at all~" Peter whined, drawing Loki's attention back to the teen. Peter tugged on his sleeves, making sure his web shooters were covered. Peter didn't have to worry about wearing his suit in Asgard as there was no reason for him to hide his identity, Asgardians were used to magic and people having powers, so they wouldn't at all be surprised to see the teen's abilities. He also didn't have to hide as everyone of import already knew all about Loki's blood brother and his abilities and skills and how he fights criminals on Midgard. They also knew of Loki's little magical protege in Wanda.

Loki suspected that his mother was behind everyone knowing about his friends. Of course his proud mother would want to brag about the friends and allies that Loki had made. Loki had never been good at making friends and she was proud he'd made such close ones.

The ladies reached them in front of the double doors. Loki kissed Sig softly. "You look lovely as ever, my darling," he told her with love shining in his eyes. Peter wondered how Loki had kept his fiancee a secret with how much he clearly loves her.

Peter would never have been able to keep that information to himself.

Though Loki kept insisting it was a miracle that Peter managed to keep his identity a secret. The boy couldn't keep any secrets. Including the movie plot to a movie he promised to go see with Loki, but Ned had gotten tickets to an earlier showing, so Peter went with his human friend first. And then ruined the movie for Loki the second he got back to the tower since he was so excited over it.

Loki had been livid and threw Peter out the window for that.

Peter, of course, had been just fine and swung back in through that same window less than a minute later. Stark had ranted at Loki for hours about defenestrating Peter and Peter wasn't allowed to spoil secrets, or face Loki's wrath.

No one thought Peter would actually succeed in that.

Everyone expected more flights out the window on Peter's part. Especially since Peter wouldn't fight Loki on it, since he thought it was fun to go flying out the window.

Loki turned to Wanda and lifted her hand to his lips to kiss her knuckles with the bow of a court gentleman. "You look wonderful, little sister," he told her warmly. "So grown up and just like a court lady." He chuckled at her blush.

Thor cleared his throat. "We shouldn't keep Father waiting," he reminded them.

Peter and Wanda both groaned. "Why, do we have to meet your father?" Peter asked, sounding nervous. He'd prepared for ages for this, but was still nervous, especially with all the terrible things Loki had said about Odin since he knew the god. Especially since he was going before the king of Asgard, protector of the nine realms, the Allfather.

"Every visitor to the realm must go before the Allfather," Loki reminded his blood brother patiently. "Especially those who come to Asgard at the invitation of the royal family." The teens were there under the invitation and protection of Frigga, Loki, and Thor. There was no escaping meeting the Allfather.

Peter sighed. "Eight. Let's get this over with, witch," he grumbled. He didn't often use the number system for himself, but Loki always took him seriously when he did.

"You'll be fine, little spider," Loki replied fondly, reassuringly. He was the god of lies, but he valued the truth and took care to be truthful with those he cared about. Most of the time anyway.

Loki straightened Peter's collar before the group made their way inside. Sig was on Loki's arm. They looked so regal and perfect together. They also looked like they had spent a lot of time walking together like that. Probably centuries of experience, Peter realized.

Thor nodded to the guards and started inside the throne room when they opened the double doors. He strode forward with confidence. He had nothing to fear from Odin, unlike the rest of them. Loki and Sig followed Thor and Peter with Wanda on his arm. It was a prescribed procession and they made their way up before Odin's throne. Odin was an intimating as usual as he sat on the throne in all of his glory, gungnir in his hand as he looked over his children and their guests making their way to his throne.

They all stopped in a line before him and bowed or curtsied. "We have returned home, Father, and bring our guests before you," Thor announced. Loki usually let Thor take the lead when they came before Odin. Odin liked Thor better; Thor was the golden child after all. Loki only usually stepped in when he was asked a direct question or needed to get Thor's ass out of trouble.

"Rise, children," Odin replied. He looked down at the teens.

Loki stepped forward. "Allfather, I present our guests, Peter Parker, the Spiderman of Midgard, fighter of crime," he gestured to Peter who bowed again.

"It is an honor to meet you, Allfather," Peter replied politely in well-rehearsed Asgardian. Loki had drilled the phrase into him for weeks. He bowed again, though didn't hold it, rising immediately.

"And my magic student, Wanda Maximoff," Loki indicated Wanda, who curtsied again and spoke the same reply Peter had. Loki could see that both teens were nervous as Odin evaluated them with his limited magic, his ability to see the future, the knowledge he had gained from losing his eye.

Loki was afraid that Odin would deny the teens, would deny his friends simply because they were his friends. They were mortals in Odin's realm who he only allowed because of Frigga's interference. Loki caught her standing where Wanda and Peter couldn't see her, watching to make sure her husband behaved and Loki nearly sighed in relief.

"Welcome to Asgard," Odin finally told the teens who did sigh in relief. He wished them well in his realm and warned them to obey his laws. The entire group was relieved when they could escape the throne room. Peter sagged against the wall down the hall from the throne room.

"That was terrifying," he told Loki. "Still an eight," he whined, practically banging his head on the wall.

Loki chuckled. "You did well, little spider," he reassured his friend. Peter didn't look appeased. Loki laughed harder. "Would it make you feel better if we turned the people in the dungeons into goats?"

Peter opened his eyes and gave Loki a look. "I can't turn people into goats," he reminded Loki, but seemed to relax from the question.

"No, but I can. And perhaps I can lend you enough magic to turn one into a goat. One" Loki replied with a mischievous grin. Peter laughed and lit up at the prospect of using magic, even for just one spell.