The Orphanage

Natasha's POV
Ha ha Steve! Quite whining. Me first. Steve and I walked to the orphanage. According to Steve and I quote: "We need someone to pass on our skills and someone with an outside point of view will be helpful in sticky situations." Honestly, I agree with the idea. The fact that I can't have children of my own means my paternal instincts are still there and helping raise a child I hope will help with that. We walked into the orphanage to see the desk lady look at us in shock.
"Uh hello, um, my name is J-Judy Smith. What would you like me to call you?" She said with only a light stutter in her voice. I smiled kindly. I already liked her. She didn't freak out or salute.
"Just Steve and Natalia, thanks." I replied. She nodded.
"Is there any age in particular you are looking for?" This time she had gotten over her initial shock.
"Uh preferably a teenager." Steve answered. Taking care of a teenager does not sound like fun but it will be easier than a toddler.
"Ok then. This way." She gestured to down the hall. We followed to go to the back rooms. We passed several rooms full of young children. We waved as we passed and most of them looked overjoyed by our presence. One little girl ran up to me and hugged my legs. I looked down in shock for a moment.
"Lillian, what are you doing here?" Judy said. She didn't seem angry just worried. The little girl, Lillian, looked up at me with tears in her eyes.
"You have to help Peter! Please. He's hurt!" She sobbed and gripped my legs tighter.
"Where is Peter?" Judy asked, concerned. Interesting.
"Who is Peter?" Steve said. (Why is Peter!😉)
She finally let go and ran down the hall and turned into a room. The three of us sprinted after her. We entered the room to see several siting on the beds or floors either playing or doing homework. Lillian went straight to the far corner and get lifted into the arms of a teenager. He had brown hair, brown eyes and a slight frame. I'm thinking he doesn't eat much. He looked up at us and we all saw very clearly a hand shape bruise forming on his cheek and a black eye appearing on his left eye.
"Can I help you?" He asked politely. Peculiar. Most kids would be jumping up and down at the sight of us.
"Is your name Peter?" Steve asked.
"Uh, yes?"
"You don't sound so sure."
"What answer won't get me in trouble?"
"Neither. Your not in trouble."
"Oh. That's good. Then yes, I am Peter."
"Who hurt you?"
"Oh just the typical bullies. They always want to damage my beautiful face." He gave a small smile.
"Peter how long have you been here?" I asked.
"Oh, about twelve years give or take."
"He's been here the longest. Others have come close to him but then it changes." Judy said, looking down.
"Do you really want me gone?" A large grin appeared on his face.
"Well sort of. I love you having you here and all but I also want you to have a family."
"Well don't worry about it Judy, in less than three years if I'm still here I'll be old enough to get out of your hair," He glanced down at the child in his arms. "and you will hopefully have a family of your own."
"Judy do you mind if we talk to you for a moment?" I said. She nodded and followed us out. I shared a quick glance at Steve. He knew what I was going to say and nodded. When we were all out in the hall, I glanced back to the corner where Peter was to see him rocking Lillian to sleep. I turned towards Judy.
"We want to adopt Peter." I said with finality. She looked surprised for a moment then she smiled warmly.
"That's wonderful! Let me go get the paperwork." She turned and sped-walked to the front desk. She returned shortly and Steve filled out the necessary paper work.
"Quick heads up, the government will have to do a quick sweep of where Peter will be living. It's just protocol and they should be out of the way quickly." She pulled out her phone from her back pocket and called somebody. She looked at the paperwork Steve filled out and relayed it to whoever was one the other end. When she hung up, she looked at us.
"They will come by in an hour. Which one of you want to notify Peter of the news?" She smiled warmly.
"I will."

Ha ha. Another chapter. Well I tried. Tune in next time for what happens. Also I want a new villain. Vote who you want it to be. Either:

Someone he knows []

Or

Someone new []

Bye!!

Hello? (Superfamily)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara