Chapter Fourteen

Recap:

Let's just say that you could practically see the steam coming out of his ears. He was not happy. At all.

*************************************************************************************************

I sighed and got out of the car, Jake by my side. We walked into the school talking, and I tried my best to ignore Troy. I could feel him staring at me, and it made me sick to my stomach. I didn't like it. I glared at him over my shoulder and decided to play along with Jake, so I started to laugh randomly. 

I pulled Jake's ear down to my lips and whispered, "Let's act like a couple. Just play along." He nodded, and I giggled. Jake put his right arm on my shoulder, giving me a little squeeze as I snaked my left arm around his waist, and let my head rest on his shoulder. 

I smiled to myself, thinking to myself "This is going to be so much fun." 

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

At lunch, Jake and I sat together with Kayla. "So you two are together now? Or am I missing something..."

I looked at Jake who was sitting beside me. "Uh, yeah, I guess...." Even though it was just an act..... for now.

"Oh, that's cool! So how'd this all happen?"

"Um.... er..... It just did!' That was the best thing that I could think of. Yeah, I know. Pathetic.

"Oh, well that's cool, I guess..."

"Yep!" I took a bite out of my salad and scanned the lunch room for Troy. Hmm..... Where is he....?

There he is!!! He was sitting with some jocks and cheerleaders. You know, the cliché table where all the 'populars' sit. I sighed and finished my soda.

"Jake, can you re-fill my soda? Pleeeaaaassseeeeee??" I begged with my best puppy dog face.

He smiled at me and replied, "Sure, Soph. What kind did you have?"

"Uh, Doctor Pepper mixed with Sprite."

"You mix your drinks?"

"Duh, now go scurry off and get me a refill!"

He gave me another smile and headed to the table with a variety of fountain drinks. "You two are the cutest!" Kayla screeched from beside me. 

I looked at Troy, making sure he was far enough from us. "Actually we aren't really together. It's all an act." She gasped loudly. "But play along."

"I guess I can do that! But why are you doing this?"

"Let's just say.... It's an experiment." She nodded and popped a french fry in her mouth. With all three of us playing along, we can make this act really convincing.