Throw balloons, teddy bears and chocolate eclairs away

9- Valentines Day Pt2

The car hummed quietly as Luke drove to his destination. Rain looked out of her side window and let her hand gently poke out of the open window. The breeze blew her hair, the tight curls flying around her face as Luke speeded down a derelict road. The silence was one of peace, something Luke very much appreciated.

He had bookings for 7 and he had 15 minutes to get there. They were still in the country, with fields still surrounding them but they were heading closer to a quaint town Luke had once stumbled upon on his way home.

He looked over at Rain and felt his heart beat faster. After their picnic he felt this connection with her and as much as he hated to admit he knew he was starting to fall for her- if he hadn't completely fallen already. He felt rather helpless at the fact that all this date would do would be to help her get a boyfriend, because he hated the idea of her being with this other guy. He also hated that he had no choice in his feelings, because he would much rather not have his heart beating a hundred times a minute every time he thought about how close they'd been only moments ago, or how nice she smelt when they hugged.

"What's that?" Rain pointed to something in the distance and Luke smiled. He kept quiet as he drove closer and closer towards it, until finally they were only meters away.

"Welcome to part two of our date: the outdoor cinema screening"

"You did not!" She squealed and looked up at the huge screen. There was cars scattered all around, presumably with other couples- Well not 'other', since they weren't actually a couple "tell me they're romance films or I'll be very disappointed"

"Only the cheesiest ones you can think of. We've got Valentine's Day, the notebook, dear John and I even requested my best friends wedding"

"Shut up you did not" her eyes were wide with excitement and her mouth was open. Luke laughed, feeling extremely proud with himself.

"You know I could never joke about something so dear to my heart." He told her, a hand over his chest.

"Oh my god Luke you're the best!" She exclaimed. She was blown away by the picnic and now this too? It was surreal how sweet he could be. When he told her that morning that it would be cheesy she expected a mock date, not something that she actually loved.

"Don't think I wouldn't have come here alone if you wouldn't have wanted to" he chuckled and she laughed along with him. He'd always enjoyed the sound of her deeper, smooth laugh but put together it sounded even better.

"What's playing first?"

"Valentines Day. Which reminds me-" he begun before getting out of the car. He opened the boot and quickly came back around to Rain's side of the car. When he opened it, she saw that he was holding a stuffed teddy bear holding a heart.

"It might not be as big as the one the film but it's all I could find. Here" he handed it to her and just like the flowers she cradled it to her chest, a huge smile etched on her face. Except this time it didn't smell like beautiful flowers, or smelt like Luke; clean laundry mixed with faint aftershave. She held it even closer to her then.

"Thank you, it's amazing" she told him sincerely through closed eyes. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have Luke- well, not have him, since they technically weren't dating.

"Great" he beamed. He was definitely ticking off all his boxes tonight "Are you coming?"

"Coming where?" She asked, drawing her eyes open to see him. He moved away from the door and hopped onto the hood of the car. Through the front window he smiled and winked at her, making her insides squirm.