Chapter 1

Songs that inspired me for this chapter:

From The Dining Table by Harry Styles

Empty by Olivia O'Brien

Enjoy :)

PRESENT DAY

I woke with a start and immediately sat up to the sound of car doors slamming shut and voices outside.

Fuck, I pushed my tangled hair out of my face and rubbed at my temples trying to ease the familiar pounding headache.

The voices grow louder and I quickly stood to my feet when I hear a particular small voice and tiny footsteps running around downstairs. Shit shit shit. I look down at myself and realize I'm not wearing anything, what the fuck? I don't remember taking my clothes off...

Ugh. I throw on my wrinkled up clothes from last night and begin cleaning up the empty and half empty booze bottles lying around and brush off the white powder residue on the small table. I hide the bong I recently bought and also hide the stash of weed inside my dresser drawer. Damn, I don't remember going this hard last night. But judging by the way my room looks, the pounding in my head and my aching body, I'm guessing I went all out.

I must've blacked out at some point in the middle of night because I don't remember much of anything, the only thing I do remember is arriving at the club and alcohol but after that there's nothing.

A sigh escapes my lips as I run my hands down my face as I go to make my bed but when I turn around my eyes widen and my heart begins to slam against my chest at the sight.

Golden tanned shoulders peek out from under the white blanket. Long dark brown hair covers the feminine face and the sharp jawline looks so familiar it's almost painful.

"Ca–"

I almost say the name I hadn't spoken in 6 years but when the girl rolls over I realize it's not her. This girl doesn't have a button nose, hers is straight and narrow, she doesn't have curved pink lips, hers are stained red with smeared lipstick and she has smudged eyeliner at the corners of her eyes.

Disgust and annoyance fills me that I picked up a random girl from the club last night when I had no intention of doing so, but it's a feeling I'm all too familiar with.

I tug on the ends of blanket until hazel eyes open up and reveal themselves to me. The girl smiles and stretches her arms while sitting up, not caring at all that she's completely naked. I shake my head and hand her the clothes she wore last night.

"Good morning babe," the girl grins and I cringe inwardly at the pet name turning around to give her privacy while she gets dressed.

I remain quiet and clean up a little bit more around my room not wanting to give her any signs that I want her to stay. I really hope she's not the clingy type and will be gone by the time I turn around, I'm not in the mood to deal with crazy right now.

"So." The girl spoke from behind me. Fuck. "I was wondering if you wanted to get breakfast or if I could get your number..?"

I turn to face her and thankfully she's dressed but her eyes are full of hope as she holds her heels in her hand waiting for me to say something. But what do I have to say? I don't even know this chick and I don't want to either. The only thing I want is for her to fucking leave.