2

I dropped Jaimie off at her house after school and when I got home mum was waiting in the living room, I walked in and as she looked up at me, she said "Harley! what on earth! that is not an appropriate outfit for school!", I rolled my eyes and said "mum, this is probably appropriate than what most girls at that school wear", she shook her head then said "your father has to work tonight and I'm going to go for dinner with a lady from work so you'll be home alone, is that alright?", I nodded and mumbled "can Jaimie stay over tonight?", she looked at me surprised and said "of course she can, that girl is lovely, how's her father?", I mumbled "not good", she smiled sorrowfully then said "well, there's money for pizza in the kitchen and remember you aren't allowed to leave the house after 6PM until the courts drop your curfew, you can sit in the garden or whatever but you'll get sent straight back to the hell hole if you break your curfew". I nodded and she added "and Harley...", I turned to her from my spot at the bottom of the stairs and she said "please behave, I really did miss you".

Mum went out at 5PM and Jaimie came over not long after, a big smile on her face as she walked in and said "he said he'll come", I chuckled and said "good". She dropped down into a seat on the couch and as I sat down next to her she mumbled "dad's going up on the transplant list", I smiled and she said "he's really bad though Harley", I put an arm around her and said "I'm sorry", she hugged me then said "pyjama party?", I laughed and said "definitely!".

We ordered pizza, watched dirty dancing and ate ice cream on the couch for most of the night, until of course we both fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to dad shaking me and saying "what are you doing on the couch? who's that?", I shrugged and said "we must have fallen asleep, that's Jaimie, mum said it was alright", he nodded and said "well it's 7AM, get ready for school?", I nodded and he said "well I'm off to bed, don't be late to school and make sure you behave", and then he walked off up the stairs, I sat up and shook Jaimie awake, she sat up quick and looked at me confused, "we need to get ready for school".

We walked up to my bedroom and as I opened my wardrobe Jaimie said "oh my god I think I'm in love", I laughed and she started flicking through the clothes that were hung up, she eventually stepped back and said "choose me one", I looked at her amused then pulled out some denim shorts and a dark pink long sleeved top that had a kind of lace up pattern over the chest, "there's tights in the top drawer over there and shoes are under my bed in boxes", she smiled massively then started getting changed whilst I got dressed, I pulled on a cropped, long sleeved black top and a black and white checkered skirt then I put on my red scarf and thigh high black heels, when I turned back to Jaimie she was stood looking at herself in the mirror with a huge smile on her face, I chuckled and said "come on then lets do your makeup", she quickly turned around and we both sat down at my dresser.

I did Jaimie's makeup first then tied her hair up into a bun for her and moved on to my makeup, she sat on my bed playing on her phone, "hey Harley, you know there's a lot of rumours about why you went to juvie right?" she announced, "humour me" I mumbled, she laughed then said "well there was what Becky said about you stealing your mum's car and driving it into a wall because, and I quote, you're a psycho", I chuckled and she said "there was what Katie L said about you being in a gang war", I laughed again and she said "then there was Jake, who decided that you were a burglar", I laughed again and mumbled "anybody actually guess right?", she shook her head and said "a lot of people kept asking me but I refused to answer and I started to become a social outcast because of it", I sighed and said "well I have to behave now, mum was really affected by the whole thing".

When we got to school Jaimie looked worried, I parked the car and mumbled "what's up?", "this isn't gonna change what anyone thinks about me" she sighed and I took her hand and said "Fuck what everyone else thinks! You have me, and you have your family. You don't need no fucker else!", she laughed and I said "now hold your head up and get your pretty ass out of my car", she laughed and as we got out and I locked my car a voice behind me said "look who it is", I turned around to see louis stood with a smirk on his lips, Jaimie sighed and I mumbled "do you go to two schools? are you that stupid?", he chuckled and said "you're clever?", I rolled my eyes and started walking with Jaimie on one side and Louis following on the other. I ignored Louis' presence and he said "give me your number then?", I turned to look at him and burst out laughing then stopped and deadpanned "no", he tutted then looked to Jaimie and said "woah new girl... what did you do to the loner?", I stopped walking and muttered "listen asshole, I am not giving you my number, but if you keep talking shit about my friend then I am going to kick you so hard between the legs that your balls get stuck up in your throat", he smirked and emphasised the my as he said "my throat isn't where they go", he winked at me and I faked vomiting before walking away with Jaimie.