002. TAKING CHARGE

002TAKING CHARGE.

          SILAS HAD BEEN DEBATING ON HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE FOR A FIGHT TO BREW, AS SHE LEANED AGAINST A TREE AND OBSERVED THE RAMBUNCTIOUS DELINQUENTS

          SILAS HAD BEEN DEBATING ON HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE FOR A FIGHT TO BREW, AS SHE LEANED AGAINST A TREE AND OBSERVED THE RAMBUNCTIOUS DELINQUENTS. Her guess was around an hour. Sending a bunch of criminals to a place with no authority didn't seem like the best idea, but the Ark probably assumed they would die of radiation poisoning. But here they were, prancing through the trees and dancing around in circles. But the euphoria wasn't going to last long. The handful of Earth skills they learned upon the Ark wasn't going to save them. 

   Silas' assumption had been proven true as a fight stirred up right outside of the dropship. And she wasn't surprised to see John Murphy of all people right smack down in the center of it. He was a troublesome boy, who seemed to have it out for everyone. She remembered the story of how he set a guard's office on fire in retaliation for arresting his father. 

   "We're on the ground. Is that not good enough for you?" None other than Chancellor Shooter himself decided to poke into other people's business, stirring up the trouble even more. Silas could only pretend to be shocked.

   "We need to find Mount Weather!" Wells Jaha hesitantly voiced, watching as a bunch of young delinquents started crowding around. "You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority." Silas couldn't help but think how vapid he must have been to bring up his father, Chancellor Jaha, in an attempt to help everyone understand. She also couldn't help to think about how she watched his father get shot down right in front of her eyes. She met Bellamy's gaze briefly before he turned his attention back to the boy he made an orphan.

   "Screw your father" Octavia sneered, taking her spot beside her older brother. Wells' looked taken-aback by her words, an almost offended look casting over his features. By now, he should've known that everyone there utterly despised his father. "What? You think your in charge here? You and your little princess?" Her eyes narrowed at the blonde girl in a taunting manner. And Silas was now starting to become aware of the fact that Blondie had no idea how to keep her mouth shut.

   "Do you think we care who's in charge?" She rhetorically questioned, taking the attention off of the boy beside her that everyone was looking at like he was scum on the bottom of their shoe. "We need to get to Mount Weather! Not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now!"

   Silas couldn't deny that she had a powerful way of words, but talking sense into a bunch of teenage criminals wasn't going to work, no matter how long she babbled on for. Silas made a booming noise of aggravation, tilting her head over, pretending to fall asleep. All the attention was suddenly on her, which made a mischievous smirk dance on her lips. "Great story, blondie! Have fun on your little adventure!" The taunt made Blondie's face go beet-red, as she opened her mouth for a rebuttal, but Chancellor Shooter spoke up.