Chapter 14: Eel Attack

Areal's Grotto

I was flapping beside Sebastian, as the little lobster swam on my left and Max swam on my right. Sebastian kept looking at me with a funny look on his face, trying his hardest not to laugh at me. I sighed as I felt absolutely tired from swimming. "Can we take a break?" I asked as I stopped swimming. The gang stopped as they turned back. "Why stop now? We're almost there" Areal said, as I started to feel the exhaust control me. I put my hands on my tail as I tilted my head down, starting to catch my breath. "I'm tired now," I said, as I floated to the ocean floor, sitting as I took my break. I lied on my back as I spoke aloud. "Swimming is hard work," I said, as everyone started to laugh at me. I looked up as I spoke. "What's so funny?" I asked as Riku spoke. "This is the first time, out of the whole trip that you wanted to stop. You've been keeping up better than these two and now your tired?" he asked, as Kim and Sora looked at him. "Hey," they said together like their one. "What's that supposed to mean Riku?" Sora asked as Riku turned to him. "It means that you both have been doing nothing but playing and Mal does nothing but work. No wonder why the organization wants her" he said, as he swam away from Sora. I looked at Riku as I started to get the message. I thought of what the dark user fate was and it already started. "So, your saying I rather go with Ursula and turn dark?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips. Riku looked at me as he grew shocked. "Oh man. Sorry, Mal. I said that the wrong way. I meant that you're turning dark, so we should let you have as much as the experience as Kim's getting" he said, which lightened the mood. Sora swam up to him as he spoke. "So you're saying she should sing baby shark with us?" he asked in excitement. Areal looked at Sora in confusion. "What's baby shark?" she asked as I looked at Kim. "NO!" I said as Kim and Sora sang the song. Riku smacked his face as I sighed. "I'm sorry Riku, I tried to stop it" I explained as Riku put his hand up. "No Mal, you have done enough. Thanks" he said, as I sighed. "I am darkness, am I?" I asked as I dropped my head. Riku turned to me as he spoke. "Don't talk like that. You might do what I did. Join it for a bit, then find your light again" he said, as I looked at Riku. "Your right. I'm going to enjoy being with you guys as much as possible, so that way if I do go dark, at least I enjoyed the light" I said, as Sora looked at me. "Finally, you're not going to worry about the dark" he cheered as I sighed.

Areal took the attention as she moved a sheet that hung from a rock. "Come on, this is incredible," she said, as she swam in the rock. Sora stood to hold the sheet as he spoke. "After you girls," he said, as Kim laughed and swam in the hole. I swam in after her as I took a look around. The place was high, full of shelves with treasures and shells of many shapes, sizes, and colors. Kim looked around in awe as she spoke. "Oh Areal, this is amazing," she said, as she twirled in circles to look at it all. "Thanks. Oh, I got to show you something" she said as she swam to the top of the place. She looked around the shelves as she pulled out a little treasure chest and looked in it. "I found this on the beach. It's known as a dinglehopper" she said, as she swam down with something silver. She showed us a fork, bright silver, and four prongs. Yep, it was a fork. I looked at Kim as she looked at me. "Oh, nice. It's so shiny" I said, sounding like I was amused by it. Areal twirled as she spoke. "I know right," she said, as she put the fork back in the chest. "It's so amazing in here," she said as I looked at Kim, then back to the swimming mermaid. Sebastian sat on my shoulder as he spoke. "Areal loves it in here," he said as I looked at him. "You do realize she showed me a fork, right," I asked as he nodded. "Just let her believe" he whispered in my ear. "Um alright," I said, as I looked up at Areal.

She still swam in amazement as a dark shadow cast above the hole at the top, darkening the place. I thought I saw tentacles, which made me think it was Ursula. I gasped as I quickly swam out. "Mal" Riku said, but I was already out. I swam in circles as I looked around. I swam farther out into the ocean as I heard splashing behind me. "Mal" Kim said as I continued to swim. I kept seeing a dark shadow that passed me, which made me swim up. "Mal, where you going?" Riku asked as I looked around. "I KNOW YOUR AROUND URSUA! COME AND GET ME, IM READY!" I yelled as I swirled around in circles. I heard a low hiss as I wielded my phone. "Welcome user," it said, as I pressed the blade. I turned quickly in circles as I tried to see what I was facing, but I didn't see anything. "Mal" Kim said, as I took a quick glimpse at them, but ended up looking back around. Max swam up to me as he head-butted me in the chest. "Mommy, you ok?" he asked as I looked around. "No. I just saw" I said as a string of something zoomed passed us and into a bush. "What was that?" Kim asked as I shook my head. "That was a new one. I saw what looked like a shark at first" I said as another string zoomed around me. I twirled around as I started to back up. "Ok, there is something here, but it isn't a shark," Kim said, as she wielded her keyblade and swam next to me. At this point, Kim and I were back to back. The two strands swam around us fast, trying to keep their identities hidden from our group.

I swam further away from Kim as something teal wrap around my wrist, pulling me completely away from my best friend. It extended as my whole body was wrapped around in it, tightening around me so I couldn't swim out. I tried to yell, but part of it covered my mouth to muffle the sound. An eel looked at me, it's beating yellow eyes staring into mine. I was shocked as it started to tighten more. What was this, some type of snake? "Dark user" it hissed as I looked shocked. "NO!" Kim yelled as she wielded her keyblade and went to attack. The creature hissed at her as electricity shot through me, shocking me in the process. The body burned around me as I screamed, the scream being muffled. "Go near me and I'll kill the dark user" it hissed at Kim as I heard her gasp. I heard her start to cry as I felt for my phone. I pushed a button as the blade popped out. I whipped the blade up against the creature as it sliced through. The creature hissed as it loosened up, enough for me to slip out. I backed up as I looked at it, ready for a fight. "No" the second one hissed as it swam up towards me.

I looked towards the second one as I shot it with a lightning bolt. The bolt went directly into it as it shocked him and the water around him. I studied it as it stayed there, getting its life shocked right out of him. I pulled from the one with the bolt as I looked at the other one. I flipped the screen down, to make sure I wasn't low on life. I flipped the screen back up as I studied the same one. "Do you want to try again?" I said in a very mean tone. The eel wrapped its body around the one passed out then swam away. "AND IF YOU AND URSULA ARE SMART, YOU WON'T COME BACK!" Kim yelled as I turned to her. She looked at me as she cracked a smile, chuckling over the concept. I shook my head as I spoke. "Knowing them, they'll come back," I said, as Kim swam up to me. She gave me a tight hug, then pulled away. "I know. It's just fun to mess with villains" she said, then gave me a wink. We both looked at Sora and the gang as they all looked at us in mid shock, their jaws hung open. "Put your jaw any wider Riku and you'll catch baby fish" I said, as Kim spoke. "Or baby sharks," she said, as I looked at her. "Don't you even" I said, as I pointed a finger at her. She chuckled, finishing off with a sigh. The boys were still silent as Sora spoke "Did you see yourselves?" he asked as Kim and I just looked at each other in confusion.

"What? Best friends hug Sora" I said, as Riku shook his head. "No, the way you fought off those eels. Your friendship must be stronger than ever" he said, as I sighed. "Well, we've been close friends for a while," I said as I sighed. We sat there in silence as Areal swam up to us. "Ok, so where to now?" she asked as I looked at Kim. We both looked back at Areal as I spoke. "But, we just got to this world. I'm not ready to leave yet" I said as Kim smacked her head. "No bestie. She means in this world. I don't care where" she said, as I looked at her. "Well, I don't care. I'll go wherever" I said, as we both looked back at Areal. "I guess, show us wherever you want," Kim said as she put her hands together in excitement. "Oh. Let's go check out the ship. It's so cool, but there might be sharks" she said, as I sighed. "I rather deal with sharks then villains right now," I said, as I cracked a smile. Areal turned around as she spoke. "Alright then, follow me," she said as she started to swim away. We started to follow her as I hummed to myself. "Baby Shark. OH COME ON GUYS!" I said as Kim and Sora chuckled, then high fived each other. I looked at Riku as he shook his head. "Hey, I thought we weren't singing that song anymore?" Sora asked as I sighed. "I know. You just sing it too much and now it's stuck in my head" I said as Sora looked at me. "Then let's sing the duck song," he said, as the three of us started to sing. Riku started to swim with Areal as he ignored it. "Come on Riku, sing with us," Sora said as Riku shook his head. "I rather not Sora. But thanks for the offer" he said, as we continued to swim.