Chapter Ten

Gabe

I woke up to the smell of coffee brewing and once I opened my eyes—taking in my surroundings—it only took a few seconds for me to realize where I was.

Everything from the night before came flooding back to me and I looked into the kitchen, seeing Sam busy making coffee.

I smiled, enjoying the feeling of waking up in his apartment—getting to see him as soon as I woke up—way more than I should've.

I sat up on the couch, yawning and stretching.

I was thankful I didn't have any nightmares last night. I was sure that Sam would've heard me and come out to help me through it. I didn't want to put him through that though. I needed to deal with it on my own.

Sam looked over and saw that I was awake which made a wide smile come over his lips. I couldn't help but to smile back.

His smile was breathtaking and made my heart speed up.

He walked out of the kitchen, bringing over a cup of coffee. "I don't know how you like it," he said, handing over the mug to me.

"Black is fine," I said, not being able to stop smiling at him.

A bright blush came over his cheeks and he quickly took a sip of his own coffee.

When he moved the mug away from his face, he looked towards me and down, turning even redder.

I looked where he was looking and saw that the blanket had partially fallen off me and you could see my tight boxer briefs and the slight bulge in them.

I hadn't woken up with an erection in a long time and I suddenly hopped up, grabbing my jeans from the floor. I set the coffee cup on the coffee table and said, "I'm um...gonna get dressed."

Sam nodded with wide eyes and I dashed for the bathroom.

After closing the door, I got my jeans on quickly and then looked at myself in the mirror.

What was I doing? I wondered.

Why was I here? And why didn't I ever want to leave?

I swallowed, knowing that I really needed to think about what I was going to do about this situation with Sam.

I didn't want to give him up, but at the same time I reminded myself that I was a married man.

I looked at the gold wedding band on my finger and then ran my hand over my face, groaning a little.

My slight erection had gone away, so I headed back into the main room of Sam's apartment.

He was right where he had been, sipping on his coffee nervously.

We smiled shyly at each other and I went to grab my cup from the coffee table.

That's when there was a knock at his door.

He looked confused for a minute and then his eyes widened in horror. "Oh shit. Oh shit!"

He put his mug down on the coffee table too quickly and some coffee sloshed over the side of it, making a mess on the table.

He fixed his hair a little, like he didn't want to looked disheveled.

He started walking towards the door and I watched him curiously.

"Just act normal!" He hissed at me.

I raised an eyebrow and nodded.

He took a deep breath and then opened the door with a smile. "Hey, guys!" He greeted happily. "How was the honeymoon?"