Chapter Fourteen

Gabe

I awoke slowly, feeling something tickling my nose.

My eyes blinked open and I saw Sam's face buried against my neck and my nose was pressed against the top of his head.

One of his legs was thrown over mine and his arm was flung over my side.

I felt trapped, but I didn't have a problem with that whatsoever.

I was exactly where I wanted to be. I would lay in this bed all day if that's what Sam wanted to do.

His hair that continued to tickle my nose smelled like the almond shampoo he used. I liked that he didn't use those super masculine smelling products. I thought the soft scents he used brought out his appealing natural scent.

His arm tightened around me and I smiled.

I knew there was no one on this earth that I would be happier to be with than Sam.

I had never really believed in soulmates, but I was beginning to wonder about them now.

I had instantly been drawn to Sam as soon as I saw him. There was just something about him.

And the more I spent time with him, the less I wanted to be away from him.

If I could've been around him all the time, I would've been.

I wanted to have sex with him more anything, but I knew that couldn't happen until I left Serena.

Which I was planning on doing as soon as possible.

When she came back from her mom's I was going to end it right away.

I just didn't know how it was going to go over. Would she be angry? Or would she be relieved that I was ending it so she didn't have to? Would she cry?...I certainly hoped not.

The more I got to know Sam and as I came to care about him more, I realized that I had no feelings like that for Serena anymore.

Ending things wasn't even completely because of Sam. Serena and I didn't love each other anymore and you shouldn't stay married to someone you no longer loved.

Had our marriage been loveless even before I came back from deployment? I felt like every time I visited her, our differences just became more apparent each time.

Even if this relationship with Sam hadn't started, I knew we wouldn't have remained married for much longer. It probably would've ended before the year was over.

Sam was just the motivation for me to make the decision for divorce sooner.

I knew that being with him this way was wrong. We should've waited to kiss and hold each other until I officially ended things with Serena and I was no longer living in the same house as her. But it was impossible to stay away from him.

At least I had stopped us from having sex. I assured myself that I was a good person for at least doing that. Even though I probably wasn't a good person at all.

It was terrible to do this to my wife, but I was beginning to believe that there were truly certain people that we were meant to be with.

And the person I was meant to be with was Sam.

It didn't matter that he was a guy or that I had never been attracted to guys before.

The universe had brought us together and I had been drawn to him the second I saw him.

Was it love at first sight? I didn't know, but there was a connection immediately.

Sam was meant to be mine and I would spend the rest of my life making sure that he was safe and cared for. I would let him know everyday just how much he meant to me.