Chapter Six

Adrilla wrapped the music box in an old flour sack to protect it and headed for the ballroom.  This is where it had all started and this was where it was going to end.

**********

 Michael continued to look for Adrilla.  He had to find her and he was getting desperate.  In her state of mind, there was no telling what she would or could do.  He had to let her know that as much as he wanted a child, his love for her far outweighed that need.  That no matter what she had done, she had done it out of her love for him-for her desire to help protect him from the possibility of his doing something he himself would later come to regret.  He had to let her know he now understood that love is unconditional.

**********

Adrilla walked into the ballroom.  She knew exactly where she was going to put the music box.  She looked around the ballroom.  It was just as beautiful as the day she and Michael had married there.  What a day that had been. She felt as if she were the most fortunate girl in the world.  She was marrying a man of wealth, of integrity, of strength.  He was not only strong, but handsome, loving and kind.  Most importantly of all, his love for her was eternal and everlasting.  At least that was what she thought then.  Now it was different.  All he loved was material wealth.  What happened to the man she fell in love with?  When had he changed?

She came back to the present and continued in her pursuit to make sure Michael was miserable.  She had all ready made Temperance miserable.

**********