Past I

“No. I can’t marry him. He’s a monster! I can’t be with someone who’s a monster. Whose mentally disabled!” I kept on repeating this to myself, pacing back and forth in my room which is by the way a huge mess!

On his outside looks, he may appear to be the ideal guy every girl’s been dreaming of. But no, he’s the total opposite. And I, myself had witnessed that. But to think that something bad will happen to Claudine is killing me. It’s very unthinkable! She’s like the only family that I had after our mom and dad died in a fire accident that took place in our house. She’s my only strength, and I can’t let anything bad happen to her.   

Thinking back then, my life’s not so miserable like this. Not until I’ve meet him. The time I’ve meet Killian Black.

7 years ago….

I’ve been driving for the last hour to fetch my sister at the airport. She’s a flight stewardess, and for a month, she’ll be staying over at my house for some short vacation. I missed her a lot. Due to her work, I barely see her, though almost every day, we spoke on the phone chatting about daily life.

The traffic light turned red. I waited for it to turn to green, then I noticed this car beside me, a black Mercedes Benz which windows are all open. Two guys in the front and one in the back;  all wearing an expensive suit. The guy at the back reading newspaper whose face is to die for. The one guy at the front talking to someone on his cellphone and the other one kept on glancing at his watch while holding a grip on the steering wheel. Then, the guy at the back might have noticed me watching them, and so he glanced up at me, more like he stared at me and I looked away. But I noticed that he’s still staring at me, so I looked back at his way again, he smiled at me and I can feel my heart thudding so fast and their car moved forward, that’s when I realized that the car behind me has been honking for me to move forward as well.

When I arrived at the airport, I saw my sister waiting for me at the bench. I waved my right hand trying to get her attention. I can tell that she’s been waiting for long now by the look on her face. I waved again and her grouched face turned into a sweet smile when she finally saw me.

“Claire!” she shouted, waving her hand as well. She was wearing a milky white elegant coat with a matching velvet hat which suits her very well, a leather pants and black boots-like stilettos. She’s always like this, wearing dresses that suits her well. She’s very careful on choosing what to wear.

I ran towards her and then hugged her for a bit.

“I’m sorry I’m late.”

“Traffic?”

“Very much.”

“I can tell by your sweats.” She half laughed and smiled again.

“You look good by the way.” I said, complementing her while kissing both of her cheeks.

“And so are you.” she said, receiving both m kisses.

When we got home, we talked about lots of stuffs regarding works and etcetera, and then I ordered a box of pizza, the only food that we both liked. 30 minutes later, the door bell rang.

“I think it’s the pizza.” I said, getting up from the sofa. I walked to the door and handed the pizza guy some bills.

“Hhhmmm. That smells delicious.” Claudine said.