False promise

It's the year 2723, every major superpower has established colonies everywhere in the galaxy, USA, having most of them ends up being the most powerful amongst all superpowers. Nations like Russia and China aren't very happy about this but it's been 534 years since the 4th world war happened and it was very devastating, being the reason they started trying to find new territory in the galaxy since they basically broke earth. The balance between all things on earth that allowed life to exist was now broken and it was time to leave.
Apart from that, humans were doing well, apparently, until Israel proposed a new technology to the American government, a chip, a micro super computer that would go inside everyone's brains and would unlock every human potential in them, and making them capable to use "100%" of their brains, the Americans already saw themselves as the greatest race, and this technology would make them even greater. After every American citizen was implanted with the chip, the government told everyone to sit down because the chips were going to be turned on and their entire bodies would go through a huge change... 5:00 pm Washington D.C time, July 26, 2723...the moment humans stopped doing so great.