Part one

Opening the door to my best friends home im greeted by the brown and white dog Dodger

Opening the door to my best friends home im greeted by the brown and white dog Dodger. He's always so happy to see me and it makes me smile instantly.
"Hi bubba" i laugh as i fuss him "Hey, its just me.... you home?" I call out to Chris.
"Yeah kitchen" he calls back and i head to the kitchen. 
"Hey" i said with a smile and walked over to hug him, placing a quick kiss on his cheek as he stood stirring a pot on the stove. It had been a couple of months since i last saw him as he'd been away filming a new movie and id missed him so much.
"Well you're a sight for sore eyes" he smiled "let me get a good look at you"
"Eh i look like shit" i moaned as i rolled my eyes "you on the other hand are looking great!" His hair was longer and his beard thicker.... how was it fair he always looked so good!
"You okay?" He asked getting my attention as he removed the pot from the heat.
"Yeah why?"
"I don't know, you just seem a little preoccupied" he said shrugging "you got something on your mind?"
"Its just been a real crappy day, but im here with you now so i'll be fine.... especially when you get me a drink" i laughed shoving him playfully before going to sit on the sofa. Dodger run over and jumped up next to me resting his head in my lap like he knew i needed some comfort.
"Here you go" Chris said from behind me then handed me a large glass of wine.
"Now thats what I'm talking about" i smiled taking the glass and taking a huge mouthful as I sat stroking Dodgers head.
"Ive made chilli, you want some?"
"Yes please"
"Then maybe you'll tell me whats going on?"
"Its nothing for you to worry about Chris, i'll be fine" i shrug finishing off my wine and holding the glass out to him "l'll have more wine though" i wiggle my eyebrows at him, i can see the concern on his face but he smiles and takes my empty glass.

By the time we've finished eating I've gone through almost the whole bottle of wine, i look at Chris and he's looking at me with worried eyes.
"What?"
"Talk to me, this isn't like you"
"I had a doctors appointment this morning...."
"You're not sick are you?? Are you okay!?"
"Im fine, its not like I'm dying" i shook my head "but some of my results came back and.... my doctor told me if I'm planning on ever having kids, i need to do it sooner rather than later. This time next year my chances of ever conceiving.... well they're not good"
"Shit, im sorry.... i know thats something you've always wanted"
"It is, so now i guess ive gotta go look at finding a sperm doner" i shook my head "i thought i had more time, that id find someone to settle down with and have a family.... this isn't how i wanted to do this" i wiped my eyes when tears finally escaped "i want my kids to have a dad Chris.... what if I'm not enough? What if i can't do this by myself"
"Hey" he reached across the table and took my hand "you can do this, you're more than enough. This kid will be lucky to have you"
"You have to say that because you're my best friend"
"Im saying it because its true"
"Maybe i should wait, i can always adopt" i shrug but deep down i already know i want the chance to have my own baby.
"Well you don't need to decide right this second, take a few days to think it over"
"It just sucks"
"I know".

A week later i had an appointment at the clinic and they talked me through my options and gave me a folder of sperm doners to go through, i was supposed to pick the father of my child from this folder

A week later i had an appointment at the clinic and they talked me through my options and gave me a folder of sperm doners to go through, i was supposed to pick the father of my child from this folder. I was sat on my sofa with the folder open on my lap, red vine hanging from my mouth as i read through the different candidates when my front door opened and closed, Dodgers nose was soon in my lap looking for attention.
"Hey bubba!"
"Dodger come sit buddy" Chris said walking over and sitting beside me, Dodger laid down on the floor infront of where we were sat.
"What you looking at?" Chris asked grabbing a redvine and peering at the folder.
"Potential baby daddies"
"Really?.... its that easy? Just pick someone from a file?"
"Its not easy at all! Ive read this thing three times and i haven't found a single one that sounds right"
"Hey....is that my shirt?" Chris asks looking at the blue Boston t-shirt I'm wearing.
"Yeah of course is it" i shrugged "i don't know why you're acting so surprised i steal your shirts all the time"
"Ive been looking for that one, thought i lost it"
"You did, to me" i laughed "its my favourite, it reminds me of you when your gone"
"Fine! Geez, we're not even dating and you steal my shit"
"Ha! You should be used to it by now Evans, whats yours is mine and all that"
I close the folder and throw it onto the coffee table with a moan "i cant look at that thing anymore its giving me a headache"
"Come here, lay down" he tapped his leg and i laid down with my head resting on his thigh, i soon felt his fingers in my hair gently massaging my scalp.
"Oh god that feels amazing" i moaned a little closing my eyes and enjoying the head massage.
"Why dont i do it?" Chris said quietly.
"Do what?" I asked opening one eye to look at him.
"Be your sperm doner" he shrugged like it wasn't a big deal but i could tell he was worried about how id react to his suggestion, I sat up and turned to face him.
"Are you serious?..... isnt that a little weird?"
"No weirder than you choosing a stranger from a file. It makes sense if you think about it..... plus ive always wanted kids"
"Hold on, so not only are you suggesting being the sperm doner but you want to be the dad?"
"Why not? I cant think of anyone else id rather be a mom to my kid. I know you, i trust you and i love you"
"Chris....." i couldnt help but agree with him, it sounded perfect! I love Chris and he's the best guy i know but i couldnt risk loosing him if this went to shit!
"You know it makes sense"
"Im not saying it doesn't.... but what happens when it doesn't work out? I cant loose you as my friend"
"You wont! This will just bring us closer"
"And what happens when you meet someone and want kids with her?"
"Then we'd deal with it, id still be there for you and our kid"
"And say i agree to this.... how would we do this? Insemination or the old fashioned way?"
"Whatever you think is best" he shrugged blushing a little at the thought of us having sex.
"I....can i think about it?"
"Yeah of course! Take your time" he nodded with a smile.