Part Nine.

Waking up the day after the premiere i dreaded looking at my phone so i just left it on the side and headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I wasn't ready to read all the hateful comments again, as long as i didn't look i could just pretend they didn't exist and enjoy my day with Chris. I switched on the radio and hummed along to the song on the radio as i started cooking the bacon and eggs, i actually felt pretty good.
Once breakfast was ready and i had fed Dodger i headed to the bedroom to wake Chris up, he'd had a few drinks last night and had slept like the dead!
"Hey babe.... wake up i made breakfast" i said leaning against the doorframe as i admired the naked man in front of me... he was laying face down hugging my pillow with the sheets just covering his ass. He cracked one eye and looked at me, a sleepy smile spreading across his face as he reached a hand out to me.
"Come back to bed" he mumbled.
"Nope, ive cooked breakfast its getting cold" i chuckled crossing my arms and waiting for him to get up.
"At least come and give me a kiss first"
"I forget how needy you get when you're hungover..." i rolled my eyes shaking my head but took the few steps forward and took his hand. Chris pulled me closer and rolled onto his back with a wicked grin. As he pulled me onto the bed with him we both laughed before i leaned forward and gave him the kiss he wanted. I suddenly pulled back with wide eyes looking down at him, i saw the worry flashing over his face.
"What is it? Did i hurt you?" He sat up suddenly trying to work out what was wrong. I slowly shook my head before a smile spread on my face.
"The baby just kicked.... like a proper kick. Not just the little flutters i've been feeling....shit! it did it again!" I laughed grabbing Chris's hand and placing it on my stomach where id been feeling movement.
"I can't feel anything..." he said sadly shaking his head.
"Just wait.... give her a minute"
When the baby kicked again Chris's eyes went wide before he started laughing, excitement in his eyes as he brought his other hand up to cup my baby bump.
"Shit..... i felt that!"
"I told you!"
"That was something else....." he muttered staring at my bump his eyes tearing up, I leant forward pressing a kiss to his lips quickly.
"God i love you"
"I love you too. But come on, your daughter is hungry.... and mama needs sustenance" i laughed jumping up and rushing back out to the kitchen, i heard Chris laughing behind me and i turned round to catch him following me as he finished pulling on a pair of sweats.
"We're going back to bed after though right?" He asked catching up and wrapping his arms around me from behind.
"I think that can be arranged".

Scott had called around lunch time and Chris had obviously told him all about feeling the baby kicking

Scott had called around lunch time and Chris had obviously told him all about feeling the baby kicking..... half hour later Scott was at the door!
"Uncle Scott is here to feel the kicks!" He said sounding far too excited when he came bursting through the door.
"Sorry Uncle Scott but you're niece is not very active at the moment" i frowned rubbing a hand over my stomach.
"Thats fine i can wait..... i brought chinese" he smiled holding up the bag of take out, my eyes lit up instantly!
"Ooh did you get..."
"Yes! Of course i got you ribs! Do you take me for a fool??" He asked looking insulted that i would even consider he forgot the ribs.
"You're the best!" I beamed over at Scott suddenly overcome with hunger at the mention of ribs! "Hey babe?...."
"I'll get the pickles" Chris called back before i even asked making me laugh, i could just imagine the looks being exchanged between the brothers but i didn't care. Weird pregnancy cravings were the norm by now. A few seconds later Chris walked in with a plate of ribs, a few pickles on the side.... as soon as the smell reached me i felt the baby kick.
"Hey Scott.... you're niece is kicking!" I called out to Scott who was still plating up his food, he came running out and dramatically dived into the empty seat next to me.
"Hey! Be careful!" Chris scolded his brother shaking his head as he handed me the plate.
"Sorry but i didn't want to miss it again!"
"Give me your hand" i held my hand out for Scotts hand and placed it where i was feeling movement "okay just wait a minute......" i said casually as i tucked in to my food, a moan escaping at how good this food was!
"Jesus, you really like those ribs don't you?" Scott laughed.
"You cant even begin to imagine the satisfaction i get from this right now" i pointed to my plate "its even better than sex!"
"Hey!" Chris moaned looking at me like i spat in his food.
"Im not saying the sex is bad.... because wow i cant get enough of you..."
"Ewww" Scott grumbled making me and Chris laugh.
"Sorry Scotty! But its true!" I took a bite of my pickle and moaned again "honestly, you have no idea how good this is right now".
As if the baby was agreeing she gave a kick right where Scotts hand was resting, his eyes went wide for a few seconds then he was leaning closer talking to my bump, introducing himself as Uncle Scott promising to be the best uncle ever!
"Scott you do know the baby cant hear you" Chris rolled his eyes at his brother as he sat the other side of me.
"Of course she can! Babies can hear in the womb Chris and this baby is gonna know her Uncle Scotts voice!"
I looked at Chris smiling and shaking my head "his right, the baby can hear some stuff.... don't worry" i grabbed Chris's hand "she already knows your voice"
"You don't know that...."
"Sure i do, she moves more when you talk" i smiled "she knows her daddy's voice".
"Promise?"
"Promise".

We eventually finished eating and Scott was happy enough that he had felt the baby kicking. We were halfway through some movie the two of them chose when Scott looked up from his cell phone.
"How was your social media this morning after last night?"
"Not a clue.... i refused to look. I was in a good mood this morning , i didn't need to read all of those shitty comments....it stresses me out and thats no good for the baby....."
"You may be surprised, i've seen nothing but nice things being said. Obviously theres still the odd comment.... but most are saying how they're happy for you both"
"Seriously....?" I looked over with raised eyebrows.
"Yeah"
"Wow..... i didn't expect that after the last time i was seen in public with you"
"Anything about the baby?" Chris asked his brother who shook his head.
"Funnily enough no one has mentioned it! Im surprised to be honest i thought they'd be all over that, you weren't exactly hiding that bump of yours"
"Maybe you should make an announcement before it gets out some other way...." i looked at Chris and ran a hand over my swollen belly.
"We can do that if you're comfortable with it?...."
"Honestly i just want to be able to leave the house without worrying what i'm wearing, worrying that someone will see that i'm pregnant before we've had the chance to break the news ourselves....."
"Okay..... we'll sort something out".

At some point in the evening i must have fallen asleep because one minute i was watching the movie with Chris and Scott and the next i woke up in bed

At some point in the evening i must have fallen asleep because one minute i was watching the movie with Chris and Scott and the next i woke up in bed. The room was dim the only light coming from a lamp on Chris's side of the bed. He was laying close i could tell from his body heat, i was just about to turn to see if he was awake or not when he spoke, but he wasn't talking to me..... he was talking to the baby.
"Hey baby girl..... i'm your dad....." he said quietly and i felt him gently stroke my stomach "god i suck at this...." he sighed "i just.... i guess i just wanna make sure you know me and that i love you and your mama so much. I promise i'm gonna take real good care of you both....."
"You already do take care of us" i said quietly reaching a hand up to run through his hair....he looked up at me looking a little embarrassed.
"You wasn't supposed to hear that"
"Are you really worried that the baby won't know who are?" I asked looking into those gorgeous blue eyes of his that i get lost in way too easy!
"Well i wasn't until Scott opened his big mouth but now its all i can think about"
"Chris i promise you your daughter knows your voice already......"
"How can you be sure?"
"She goes crazy whenever you're around especially when you're talking"
"She does?...."
"Yep" i smiled moving his hand over to the other side so he could feel the constant kicking currently going on.
"See!"
"Thats kinda crazy"
"I know right?..... so can you please turn off the light and come to bed im exhausted" i chuckled, Chris quickly kissed me and bent to drop a kiss on my baby bump before switching off the lamp. He got into bed pulling me against his chest, his hand spread on the bump and mumbled a goodnight.
"Goodnight.... we love you"
"I love you both too".

I fell asleep with a smile on my face thinking about how god damn sweet this man was and i couldn't help but think about what a great dad he was gonna be.