★ | 014. i'm sorry

Book: Charity Case, Original Story
Chapter 14: I'm Sorry
Word Count: 1387

Book: Charity Case, Original StoryChapter 14: I'm Sorry Word Count: 1387

Why was he always screwing up?

After Alec had stormed off, he found himself at a park, not to far away from the house. He sat on a swing, slowly swaying back and forth and looking at the ground with a deep frown. All he had to do was keep his hands to himself and everything would be fine but why should he have to keep his hands to himself?

Jace kissed Ethan. Was he supposed to have a civil conversation with him? He shook his head with a scoff. The look Ethan sent him before he left was haunting his mind and he tried to forget about it. Was he in the wrong? Is he the one who has to apologise?

He didn't want to go back to that house where everyone would judge him. Even Ethan will probably be judging him. They'll all think he's some violent freak and if they didn't want him with Ethan before, they sure won't want them together not. Maybe that was for the best.

He brought his hands up to run up and down his face harshly before gripping his hair. He wished he could go back in time and stop himself from doing what he did.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he picked it out, surprise flashing across his face when he saw it was Ethan calling him. Was he calling to yell at him and tell him he never wanted to see him again? Most likely. He gripped the phone in his hands and brought it to his ear. "...hello?"

"Where are you?" Ethan asked immediately, annoyance lacing his voice.

"Does it matter? I'm away from the house so don't worry. I'm not going to go crazy on anyone else." Alec responded. "I'll just walk back to Pierce's house."

"Oh my- Alec. Just come back please."

"Why? All I do is cause trouble. Your friends are probably scared of me and... I wouldn't blame you if you were to." He looked down at his lap in shame.

"Listen to me very carefully, okay? I am not scared of you. I never have been and I never will be. Neither is anyone here. They're worried about you, like I am." Ethan said honestly. "Stop putting yourself down."

Alec stayed silent, pursing his lips. "Is Jace okay?"

"He's fine. Just a bloody nose." Ethan said. "You're only going to make me more upset if you don't come back."

"If you really want me to come back, I will." Alec said. He really didn't want to but he also wanted to see Ethan. The phone call ended and he stood up, pocketing the phone. His feet didn't move from where he stood and he stared ahead in the direction he needed to go. With a deep breath he took off in a walk.

It didn't take him long to get back there and he raised his fist to knock on the door. His fist didn't make contact though as the door opened before it could and an upset looking Ethan stood there, arms crossed and eyes narrowed. "Get in here." He demanded.