Best of Mystery/Thriller | Winners

The following were the selected stories from our Best of Mystery/Thriller contest. Congratulations to all our winners!

The full list of entries can be found here.

*

Among the Pines

by LennoxFields

One tiny town. Seven students. One huge mystery. Welcome to Pine Hill.

A town drenched in secrets and drama, where an innocuous autumn is tainted by a series of sinister disappearances. Accusations begin to fly as secrets are unravelled and the town is swallowed by shadows.

Stella, thrust into the drama by her own dark and disturbing circumstances, comes to understand the bond between the other students and finds herself pulled deeper and deeper into the heart of the town.

But not everything to be discovered there is as innocent as it appears. The senior class of Pine Hill High is embroiled in a deep web of lies and deceit, not to mention drama, secrets, romance and mystery that will keep you on your toes from page one.

*

Black Rose

by star-lite

Every year, on winter's morning, a black rose sits on a doorstep. Every year, the same chain of events follows. And every year, a young girl dies. Why?

Isn't it obvious? The king has gone mad.

*

Blood Red Secrets

by violetlsmith

Hallows Island is home to the most elite supernatural school in the country, Westwood Academy. For Amietti Monet her acceptance into the school is a chance for her to escape her hateful coven and possibly learn more about her missing parents. But upon her arrival, Amy realizes that the school is a lot different than what she had been expecting.

While dealing with keeping a secret from her new friends, two boys vying for her attention, and a supernatural social ladder she wasn't aware of, Amy will also have to solve the mysteries of the killings of several girls. Amy is sure whoever is killing them is coming after her, but who can she really trust in a school of lies?