3• Poker

The Joker is surprisingly very skilled at the game of luck, so someone is bound to catch on.

Warning | Mild gore

•~•~•

The air was thick and humid in the small, heavily guarded room. It sat at the rear of a well established night club, music booming through the walls as the tense atmosphere grew.

A green poker table sat in the centre of the darkly furnished room, red wallpaper lining the walls as a mahogany wooden flooring spread across the ground. A large light from above illuminated the table, casting an eerie shadow upon the player's faces.

Six men sat around the table, each eyeing their opponents warily as the cards were shuffled. Poker chip quantities differed vastly from player to player, with the least currently residing by the agent of chaos himself, the Joker. His untidy set of scars stretched upwards across his cheeks as his yellow-stained teeth peeked out from between his red lips. His black-absorbed eyes darted to each an every player, causing a feeling of worry to stir within almost every man.

Behind the clown stood his entourage, made up of 3 henchmen. Each undoubtedly smaller than their boss, but that was just their physical appearance, as they were certainly more skilled.

A few more body guards were dotted around the room, protecting their boss' from harm, which was nearly inevitable when playing with the Joker. He was known to get fidgety with a feeling of bloodlust brew within him as the night goes on. So each man chose their most skilled goons to accompany them on this night.

The poker games were not a common thing, usually once a month, but the Joker was rarely invited. The men were only in it for the money and didn't want to risk their lives in the process. So there was a hint of reluctance when he was called one night by an anonymous source.

His theatrical purple coat was draped over his chair, his hexagonal print shirt clinging loosely to his body as his sleeves were oddly at his wrists, not rolled up per usual. Not many paid any mind to this however, as they had a game strategy to work out.

The card dealer's hands moved in a fluid and swift motion, showing off his many years of practice. One card at a time was dealt starting from the dealers left side, with Joker receiving a card 3rd. Each of the following cards were dealt till every player had 5.

Chips were pushed to the centre of the table as the man next to the clown opened, meaning he had at least one pair. He opened for a hefty sum of $1,000, smirking with his intense green eyes, his stomach threatening to split open his severely undersized shirt.

Joker saw his chips, shoving in the same amount as two other players followed suit. The four remaining men tossed in the cards they didn't want from their hand, giving in a maximum of three. J kept an ace and a king, keeping a straight face as to not alert anyone of his lucky cards.

He unfortunately received number cards, each giving little value to his hand. The round ended shortly after that, with just himself and the opening player. It was time to show their cards to determine who wins, and the double-chinned man was feeling confident.

"Two Aces." His opponent spoke with a knowing smirk, his receding hairline traveling further up his forehead as he raised his brows confidently.

J stared at his thrown down cards, a poker face still present on his grease-painted lips and holes for eyes. "Two-uh Aces." He watched as the other man's eyes widened in shock, staring dumbfounded at the clowns cards.

"Highest card wins." The dealer spoke, motioning for the two to reveal the rest of their cards.

Joker won the pot with his king being the highest, the man only having a measly jack. Her dragged the multi-coloured chips towards his growing pile, eyeing the extra $10,000 with a yellow-stained grin.