Chapter 2 - n.l.s.b.s.u.t.l.o.o.h.a.t.t.w.e.

(Short for: Nine little soldier boys stayed up too late; one overslept himself and then there were Eight)

Later in the night at the front parlor. The lights were off and August was at the couch where he is resting. Cuddles said as he was carrying a pillow and blanket, what a filthy night were having...I tried to go out and get some more wood for the fire...but the wind drove me back...along with the rain... August said in a professional tone, well a storm like that will keep us in doors Mr. Lovings...it's really isn't much different from a regular storm. Cuddles said, right...anyway....my apologize for the inconvenience Mr. Seras but all the beds are taken.. August said, it makes ya wonder where the Davis's were planing to sleep doesn't it? Cuddles said, yes but...a good server follows instructions from his or her employer...he or she doesn't question his or her employer...unless you rather share the deceased room with the corpse. August said, no thank you Mr. Lovings...this will do fine...besides I don't think sleeping with a corpse would be appropriate...thank you Mr. Lovings. Cuddles said as he walks off, I'll wish you a good night then sir. Later when Everyone but August was asleep.. August said as he stood up, everyone should be asleep by now...this is a good time to do a little stealth work... he looked around before grabbing a flashlight... he took the contents of the ten little soldier boys poem into his notebook before walking to the record player and played the other side of the record. August thought, I wonder what's recorded on this side? He then played the record before it said, Im very pleased to see at least one of you has thought to turn the record over...any good house part should include party games...this weekend is no exception...I have devised several little games as a mind to challenge your wits and I hope you find the reward to be worth the effort you'll haft to discover my amusements on your own I'm afraid...I have scattered them all over delightful island retreat...I really hope you all find this suitably entertaining...good luck..you'll need it. August walks off and thought, I'm into games but this is ridiculous...whoever that really is I doubt Timothy would tell me in the morning. he looks around the hallway where the Lovings were at before knocking on their door. Cuddles said on the other side of the door, whoever it is please leave us...my wife needs her rest. August said, sorry about that Mr. Lovings. Cuddles said in a understanding tone, not at all...but it's alright. August then entered the upstairs hallway looking in each room without waking everyone up.. that's when he went to Sniffles room and whispered as he looks at him, he's as tight as an owl....I expect nothing to wake him up... before he can look around he sees a dim light as he thought, shoot morning is coming...I best get back to bed. August left the room and into the parlor and lays down on the couch. Later when morning arrived August stood up and stretched. August said, well I didn't get much rest but at least I have something show for it...I'd better go see if everyone is down for breakfast... at the dining room six out of 10 were sitting at the table as Timothy said, of what Seras told Lapis is true...*mumbles: mind you I take everything he said was a great insult*...then they won't be sending a boat until at least Monday even if the storm clears. Dim said, well just a reminder Seras is he odd man out here. Timothy said as he glares at him, yeah thanks to you I believe Winds. Lapis said, at least nothing else has occurred. Nutty said, you are correct Ms. Lavender however there is something different about the center piece of the ten little soldier boys themselves. Lapis said as she noticed two are now missing, now two are broken...how odd. Nutty said as he saw August entered, ahh Mr. Seras...good morning...since Mr. Sly won't be joining us there is an extra seat at breakfast although breakfast itself seems to be behind schedule. Sniffles said as he enters, I'm afraid theres not breakfast...Mrs. Lovings is...unable to carry out her duties. Rosy said offended, what's the matter with the woman?...I was promised fresh apple juice this morning. Sniffles said as he sighed and his face darkened, I must tell you a sad piece of news...Mrs. Giggles Lovings died in her sleep. Everyone was silent as they were shocked to hear this news as Sniffles had a flashback.