Day 2 ( part 2 continued)

We arrive to the hospital and check in at the front. Once we finish we take the elevator to Shelby's floor.

~5 minutes pass~

"Ding" the doors slide open.

"Okay I think this is it Janice...."

"...." I looked behind me, Janice is no where to be found...
"Janice....Janice... " I look around and look around the corner to find Janice pressing her face up against a window.
"Look at them!!!! They're so cute!!!!" I go up to her to find her cooing at the newborn babies. I join in.

"Oh my goodness!!!! I want one!! Heck I want them all!" Janice nods her head in agreement.
"Look at the one with curly hair!" She pointed out. I look over to where she's pointing.
" Aweeee..." I look over to the one beside the baby boy she pointed out. "Oh! Those big blue eyes!" I cooed. Suddenly we were interrupted by a man joining into the conversation with us.
"Awe! She's so precious." He looks over at us and points to a baby behind the glass"This one is mine." He then looks at us confused, "Ummm, Pardon me asking but which one of you had the baby? " Janice and I look at each other almost about to burst out laughing. I manage to speak up...

"Uh... well you see sir, my friend Janice and I are both hopeful straight single women hoping to have a husband and family one day. Right now we're just visiting our friend who's in a coma, but have gotten distractedby these adorable babies." His eyes open wide and his face changes from proud father to sympathetic friend in a blink of a eye.

"Oh... I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I've heard about her around the hospital. Is her name Shelby Summers?"

"Uh.. yeah.." I scratched my head awkwardly. "Thanks."

"I hope she recovers quickly, I once saw a movie where a girl went into a coma and didn't come back for a whole ten years!" He says concerningly. " But that was just a movie!" He laughs off awkwardly. He then begins to walk away. "I've got to go, but it was nice talking to you!" Janice and I make our way towards Shelby's room.

"Ya know, Shelby's strong, she'll pull through this in no time!" Janice says as she adjusts her glasses. I stay silent until we get to the room.

I open the door that stood before me. I take a deep breath...

"What is it?" Janice asks.

"It's just.... this is the door that separates us from Shelby... wha..." I try to hold it together.... "what if Recognize her?" Janice looks deeply in thought for a second.

"Listen here kenzie, this is all we can do for Shelby right now. We need to be here for her, keep her clean, healthy and stay happy for her cause you and I both know that's what she'd want." I breath in and open the door. The beeping of the heart monitor overwhelms me as I make my way over to Shelby's bedside. I stare into her lifeless face.

"Oh Shelby.... How am I going to do this without you?" All my body wants to do is cry it all out, but I need to be strong for everyone and Shelby.

"I'm going to get us water." Janice wanders off into the hallway. I sigh and look down. I climb up beside Shelby and lay next to her.

"We got this!" I smirked at the saying, it's something her mom would say. "I'm gonna help take care of you while you're napping." I smiled.