Chapter 3

Churros

After being continuously grilled by Kitty about what had happened in the professor's office, Jericho came clean and told her every tiny detail. She ended her long story with a headed speech towards the Avengers.

"They think they can just show up and demand help from us mutants. There was a time when S.H.I.E.L.D themselves wanted nothing to do with us except classify and use us for their own dirty advantages. And while the Avengers are praised for their different abilities, we are still viewed as a threat by the rest of the world," Jericho spit out. Kitty let her words sink in before sighing.

"Not everyone is afraid of us."

"I call bullshit on that theory. Either they are afraid or they hate us. There is no in between."

"Some people hate the Avengers too."

"Not enough if you ask me," John blurted as he casually slid into the conversation.

"For once I agree with Flame Boy here," Jericho said and John stuck his tongue out at her.

"It's Pyro."

"Oh, please forgive me, Pyro, for I have sinned," she drawled sarcastically. Jericho and John quickly got into an argument and Kitty could do nothing but watch in amusement before Bobby approached.

"Ten bucks says Johnny boy here wins."

"You're on, Iceman."

The argument between John and Jericho soon turned into a small rumble like it usually did. Kitty cheered her roommate on as Jericho punched John's face. John was about to return the hit when Jericho took the opportunity to kick him in his kiwis. Bobby gasped as he covered his own as well, just in case Jericho decided to strike. He felt John's pain as the boy fell to the floor in tears.

Jericho smirked and threw her hands up in the air victoriously. Kitty laughed as she threw her arms around Jericho.

"You owe me ten bucks, Bobby!"

~

Jericho heard more Avengers were arriving at the school that same day. It was the hot gossip around the school and Jericho was growing tired of it. The attitude from the students towards the Avengers ranged from either really happy or very angry that they had entered their school. But like any other subject, Jericho was over it and ready to move on with life. She paid no attention. Or at least tried to.

The professor insisted on having Jericho around the Avengers. He told her that if she spent at least a day with them, Charles would buy her all the churros from her favorite vendor.

She was sold.

Even though she held a slight grudge against them, her love for churros was too great to let pass.

So she accepted her task and followed the three heroes around. She showed them the kitchens, the gardens, and the training bunker where John was currently getting his ass handed to. Jericho smirked to see him struggle to hold his own against Ororo and her deadly storms.

"The professor said I have to spend the rest of the day with them," she told Storm when she asked why she was with the Avengers.

"What did he bribe you with?"

"Churros."

Tony watched as Jericho strolled off to talk to John as Ororo showed them how to work the training machines. Tony paid no attention to the mutants blabbers and instead watched as Jericho suddenly had John in an armlock after he tried to burn her shirt. The boy struggled to break free and it amused Tony to no end.