Chapter 12

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Jericho remembered when she first arrived at the X-Mansion. It was loud, overwhelming, and she didn't know many English words. The first person to befriend her was a loud girl by the name of Katherine Anne.

"Hello, Kelly."

"It's Katherine."

"Hello, Kimberly."

"Katherine."

"Kayla.

"It's Katherine!

"Kitty!"

"..."

"..."

"Yes, call me Kitty."

Jericho missed her best friend. Being around Peter helped, but she missed Kitty and Bobby. After her talk with Peter, she realized she had told him a very cherished part about her past and she liked it. She wasn't a naturally open person but she enjoyed having Peter's sole attention on her.

"Peter, stop staring at Jericho and pay attention," Tony scolded one day when they were in the briefing room. Peter blushed furiously and mumbled an apology, quickly opening his folder. Jericho's side lip twitched up into a smile and she shifted in her seat. As Tony began to blabber on about the news from the other Avengers and X-Men, one caught her attention.

"And Bobby and John are coming here while Wilson and Rogers go on a quick overseas mission. They aren't ready to join the two, so if you see them wandering around, don't call the police or anything."

Jericho turned away from the two males and frowned. She was pleased Bobby and John were coming, but she was concerned that neither of them has responded to her previous calls. Tony stating they were coming over just confirmed to Jericho they were okay.

So why weren't they answering their phones?

Jericho and Peter were soon dismissed and she thanked the moon she could get out of her suit. They talked nonsense as they headed to Jericho's floor where a movie marathon was about to take place between Peter and Jericho.

"I'm so excited," Peter mumbled gleefully as he fist pumped. Jericho chuckled as she watched him jitter around.

"I just don't understand the fuss behind the Star Wars franchise. Do you think I'll really like it?"

"We can't be acquaintances if you don't," Peter said seriously and Jericho bit on her lip to prevent a loud laugh from escaping her.

"So what, we can't be friends?" Jericho asked. Peter's ears turned a light shade of pink.

"Well, yes, uh, but you always say you have enough, uh... Friends. I just thought-"

"I wouldn't mind having you as a friend Parker. You seem okay. For an Avenger," Jericho said. Peter looked so pleased with her answer, she thought he was going to burst into sprinkles. Instead, he insisted they walk faster to her floor so they could discuss plenty of Star Wars theories and the many accusations Peter has towards Skywalkers.

~

Jericho eventually grew tired of Peter's rambling. She understood he was excited but she wouldn't even let Kitty go on that long. Jericho simply nodded along, blocking out as much as Peter's voice as she could. The crunching of her popcorn helped, but soon, she couldn't ignore him any longer and concentrated on his voice.

It was a nice voice, Jericho thought, and his emotions could easy be detected through his voice. Unlike Jericho's, where she sounded bored, angry, and unamused all the same time.