Game over

"When you kiss and it feels like

finally"
- unknown

It was a few days later and Rory had finally left her bed and stopped sobbing over Dean. She tiredly walked into the common room of their dorm to find her twin sitting in the couch. Ronnie turned to her sister with wide eyes and then smirked. "Look who finally decided to get up from bed."

Rory shot her an annoyed look. "Don't even start. I'm going to the cafeteria, you want to come?" She asked her sister.

"Sure."

The twins sat at their usual table and ate their breakfast peacefully, but Rory could tell something was off with Ronnie. Every now and then she would look towards the door like she was wanting on something.

"Is everything okay?" Rory finally asked.

Ronnie was snapped out of her trance. "What? Oh, yeah, yeah. I'm good," she answered before her eyes drifting back towards the door again.

Rory's eyes followed her twin's only to find no one. "Are you expecting anyone?"

"Hm? No, of course not. Who would that be?" Ronnie lied. Maybe she was hoping a certain blonde boy would show up.

"I don't know, perhaps Logan?" Rory stated. She could easily see that Ronnie was taken aback by her assumption and that's when she knew it was him. "Oh, it is. I didn't think you actually liked him."

"I don't, okay? A few days ago I finally got him to leave me alone, but now I kind of miss the attention," Ronnie admitted.

"You can't be serious. Ronnie, there's like at least twenty boys at this school who wants to date you," Rory told the girl with hazel eyes.

"It's not the same," was all Ronnie said.

"No, it's better. Logan Huntzberger is what he always has been and what he's always going to be, a player," Rory said.

Before Ronnie could say anything her attention was caught by a blonde boy. Unfortunately not the one who she was hoping to see. "Your boyfriend's here," she said to Rory before getting up to leave. Rory eyes looked to see who her sister was talking about only to meet eye with Tristan Dugray.

~

Ronnie sat at her desk at the Yale Daily News writing on her computer trying to finish her article. Doyle was, as usual, pacing around the office yelling at people who he found hopeless. Ronnie's good friend, Glenn Babble, approached her. "Hey Ronnie."

She looked up from her computer and sent him a small smile. "Hi Glenn, what's up?"

"Doyle's yelling at me at me, but what's new," Glenn laughed awkwardly.

Ronnie felt bad for Glenn. He was such a nice guy and Doyle could be a bit rude sometimes. "You shouldn't let him get to you. He's just being rude and over dramatic."

Glenn let out a sigh. "Yeah. You're right. I think he sees me as an easy target to pick on, which I am. I mean I'm to scared to stand up for myself. Besides sometimes I feel like nobody ever listen to me and I'm just-" Glenn babbled. Ronnie had stopped paying attention to what he was saying the minute Logan had arrived sitting down at his desk.

Once again Glenn let out a sigh before snapping his fingers in front of Ronnie's face earning her attention. "Are you even listening?" He asked her.

"Yeah, of course," she answered her eyes still focused on the Huntzberger boy.

Just as Glenn was about to continue his rant, Doyle interrupted him. "Get back to work Babble and stop distracting one of my decent writers."

Without hesitation Glenn ran back to his seat afraid Doyle would get even madder at him. This had caught Logan's attention and he finally spotted the Gilmore girl. Ronnie expected a sly smirk from him or a funny remark about Glenn Babble, but for once he kept his face straight and mouth shut. Maybe he for once did what she had told him to. Maybe he actually gave up.

Ronnie turned her focused back her article. If he didn't care, she wouldn't care. Fake it until you make it, she thought.

About an hour later she had finished her article. She had made eye contact with Logan several times, but he looked away every time. Ronnie said her goodbyes to Glenn, Doyle and the other writers. She then headed out the door, finally, making her way to her dorm.

But she didn't get far before she heard a few footsteps behind her. Before she could even turn around to see who it was, she felt someone grab her hand turning her around. Once she was spun around she met the light brow eyes of Logan Huntzberger. He still held her hand in his. "How about we stop playing this game?" He asked her.

He didn't give up. A small smile appeared on Ronnie's face. She debated on pulling away from him, but she was done playing hard to get. "Finally," was all she said before he pressed his lips onto hers.