Confessions

"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience"
~ unknown

The Gilmore twins were sat at their usual table in the cafeteria. Ronnie was doing homework last minute, while Rory was peacefully reading a book. The older twin would occasionally look up from her book looking at her twin with a small smirk on her lips, before returning her attention back to the book.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Ronnie said without even looking up from her work. She didn't have to. She could've felt her twins stare from a mile away.

"Oh, nothing," Rory said innocently. When Ronnie narrowed her eyes at her, she spoke again. "Just waiting for you to spill the details on you and Logan."

Ronnie let out a small sigh before closing her work, initiating she would talk about it earning a small squeal of excitement from Rory. "Don't get to excited. There's not really much to say. We're kind of stuck at the moment."

Rory sent her twin a disappointed look. "So, you're not dating?"

"I'm not really sure what we are. All I know is that he's not usually a relationship guy," Ronnie tried to explain.

She had tried to talk to him after they kissed outside of the Chinese restaurant, but he quickly dodged the subject by kissing her again. Ronnie knew all along that this would become an issue for the pair. This was the exact reason to why she was skeptical letting him in. But it was to late to back down now. All she could do was pray that he'll get ready to talk about it. They couldn't avoid such an important topic forever.

"And you're a relationship girl," Rory states sadly feeling bad for her sister. She could tell she really liked Logan.

"Exactly," was all Ronnie said before looking down at her hands, fiddling with her nude nail polish.

After a few moments of silence, Rory decided to try and lighten the mood. "Well, Tristan and I are great. Thanks for asking," she said enthusiastically.

Ronnie rolled her eyes. "Terrific," she said sarcastically.

"I don't understand you. At our grandparents party you didn't seem so against him. What changed?" Rory asked confused.

"Well, when the choice is between him and Dean, then yeah, Tristan is obviously better," Ronnie started. She really didn't like Dean. He was winy, annoying and a cheater. That's a no go. Even if Rory was the one he cheated with. Once a cheater, always a cheater. "But Tristan isn't exactly Prince Charming either. He's rude, selfish, annoying and overly cocky. Besides he called me a drama queen. Obviously I'm not going to like him then."

Rory sighed as her sister listed every flaw the guy she liked had. "To be fair, you were being a drama queen that night."

Once again, Ronnie rolled her eyes. "No, I wasn't. The way I reacted was completely normal. Anyways long story short, he's not good enough for you."

"Then who is?"

Ronnie sat up straight and gave her sister a look. "Are you serious? The answer is obvious," she started, but still saw the obliviousness in her sister's eyes. "Jess."
~
Later that week, Ronnie was studying in the library with Marty. At first it had been a bit awkward after he admitted that he had a crush on her, but things was finally getting back to normal between them. Of course there would occasionally happen some awkward moments still. For example when she would catch him staring at her and his face would turn bright red.

"So, are you going to Finn's birthday party tonight?" Marty asked breaking the silence between them.

Ronnie furrowed her brows. Finn's birthday party? She didn't even know he's birthday was coming up. Why hadn't Logan said anything to her? Was he truly avoiding her? Had he gotten tired of her? Was he taking another girl to the party? Questions like these started filling her mind and Marty instantly saw that something was bothering his crush.