Old flame

It was safe to say that Ronnie Gilmore was officially drunk

It was safe to say that Ronnie Gilmore was officially drunk. Miss Patty's punch sure was strong. Sitting by her side at the bench outside the museum was Rory, Paris and Lane. The group all had one thing in common: they're hatred for men.

Occasionally Ronnie would look down on her phone hoping to see Logan's name pop up on the screen, but it didn't. Paris looked over at the brunette. "Oh God, not you too!"

When Ronnie sent her a confused look, Paris spoke again. "You're waiting for him to call you! You're just as pathetic as us."

"I was just checking the time," Ronnie defended, but to no use. Paris was right, she was pathetic.

~

After a while Paris and Lane left to take care of their problems and left the Gilmore twins alone. Rory took up her phone. "You're gonna call him?" Ronnie asked softly.

"Maybe," Rory answered biting her lip. "What about you?"

"I don't know. It's not gonna change anything. He still won't be ready, so I'll just have to be patient," Ronnie said sadly.

"Well, you can't wait forever. What if it takes years? Nobody would be willing to do that" Rory asked.

"Matt did," Ronnie said softly.

Rory's expression softened. Matt Thompson. Ronnie's high school boyfriend, or the love of life as most people from Stars Hollow referred to him as. After being friends forever, he finally confessed her true feelings for her. Gosh, were they great together. Everyone in Stars Hollow thought they'd end up together, but unfortunately he went to college far away and they decided, well he decided, it was best to break up on good terms.

"Listen, I know you miss Matt and that he was your one true love, but if you don't stop comparing him to every guy that comes along, you'll never be able to move on. He isn't coming back anytime soon, Ronnie" Rory explained to her twin.

Ronnie looked straight forward with a smile forming on her lips. "But if he did, I'd go back to him instantly."

Rory sighed. "Maybe Logan isn't the only one who isn't ready. The only reason you want to be in a relationship is so you can try and fill the hole Matt left. That's why you were with Ben, and now Logan."

"Logan's different, okay? Sure, he might not be Matt, but he has brought out feelings I'd never thought I'd feel again," Ronnie explained looking over at Rory.

"Then waiting it is then," Rory stated. "Listen, I'm gonna go get some water and call Tristan."

Ronnie rolled her eyes and went to protest, but Rory was already gone. She let out a sigh as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. Scrolling through the names she paused on one familiar, yet unfamiliar, name. She took a few seconds thinking over her decision, but she was far too drunk to think reasonable. Without anymore doubt she pressed the caller ID.