Chapter Four: Part One

Jason Blossom's death was quickly becoming a normality for Riverdale, which for many was terrifying but Jason would not be the only casualty that the town would suffer in the coming weeks. Unaware of this our heroes are already settling into problems of their own, unaware of what dark times awaited.

Jughead Jones was on a mission to save his workplace and home away from home, the Twilight Drive-In. The Drive-In was a piece of town history and a collection of memories and yet due to poor investment it was now closing down, just when the town needed it the most.

Something, or rather someone, else that the town needed was John Andrews. The town didn't know it but John's challenge of Malachai's leadership bid for the Ghoulies was all that was standing in the way of the Ghoulies becoming drug mule's intent on ruining Riverdale. After his time in the hospital John knows what's at stake and knows that he must raise his following within the gang if he ever wants to stop Malachai's plans. He sits and wonders exactly how he might accomplish this.

Meanwhile the investigation of Jason Blossom's murder continues to disrupt daily lives with Sheriff Keller going door to door with the hope of finding any and all information. With pressure being pilled on by the Blossoms, Riverdale is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials with everyone turning on each other.

Yet while everyone else is focused on the big mystery, Betty Cooper sits in her room alone. She's writing a diary entry on an incredibly disturbing piece of information that she acquired from Dilton Doiley. That Archie, her best friend and former crush, might be caught up in a forbidden romance.

*Betty's Diary*

Dear Diary,

Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know. That Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy, was at Sweetwater River the morning that Jason Blossom went missing and that, since Archie was there, they could have been there together.

I trust Archie more than I trust anyone but I also know him better than I know anyone. He's easily manipulated and if Grundy is using him to make sure that something doesn't get out, then he'd happily oblige if he thought it would protect her. God only knows what kind of spell she might have over him but I will get to the bottom of it.

I won't let Archie down!

*Betty's POV*

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale...No forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American Dream!"

Betty was shaken from her thoughts by Jughead's angry yelling. She, Jughead, Veronica and Kevin were sat together in a booth in Pop's and Jughead had been ranting for the last half hour about the towns plans to close the Drive-In. Betty hadn't been listening, she agreed with Jughead but she had other things on her mind, namely Archie and his relationship with Miss Grundy.

"As the Godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarrantio, once said—"

Kevin interrupted Jug "Please, God, no more Quentin Tarrantino references"

Jughead looked up at Kevin "What? I'm pissed and not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us!"

Veronica chuckled and leant forwards "In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean who even goes there"

"People who want to buy crack" Kevin muttered.

"How about cinephiles and car enthusiasts, right Bets?" Jughead asked Betty.

Betty snapped her mind back to Earth and shook her head in agreement "Uh totally"

"It's closing because the town owns it but didn't invest in it. So, when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse—" Jughead was cut off again by Veronica.