Picnic (Edited)

Once we reached the candy room, Willy led me over to a hidden area, which was technically another room, just with the same type of theme, so it seemed like it was in the same room. I walked further into the room and looked around. It had a little bit of the chocolate river coming in, and was basically the same layout as the chocolate room just in a smaller space. I turned to ask Willy something, but he wasn't there.

"Willy?" I called. There was no answer. "Where did you go?"

"Over here," I heard him answer, although I couldn't tell where his voice was coming from.

"Over where?"

"I'll come to you, just give me a minute." I then heard slow dance music playing.

"What are you doing?" He walked out of a small room in the wall and came towards me.

"Dance with me," he said, holding his hand out to me.

"But I don't know how."

"I'll teach you." I hesitated for a moment, then placed my hand in his. "Okay, put your other hand on my shoulder." I did as he said, and he put his hand on my waist. "Good, now follow my lead." It was going great at first, then I stepped on his foot.

"Sorry," I said.

"That's okay, it happens," Willy laughed. "don't think about what you are doing, and let the music and me guide you through the dance, okay." I looked up at him and nodded my head nervously.

After stepping on Willy's toes... many more times, I finally got the hang of it... mostly. "You're doing really well, for your first time, anyway." I smiled at him. "Want to try a spin?" I thought for a moment.

"Why not? The worst that could happen is that I step on your foot again."

"Okay, ready?" I spun out and then back in, and somehow managed not to step on his feet.

"I did it!" I said excitedly. I felt him laugh against me.

"Beautifully done," he said. I looked at him and noticed how close our faces actually were. I looked into his eyes, and then down at his lips. "Can I kiss you?" he asked.

"Please," I whispered. He turned me back around, so I was facing him, then lifted my chin, pushing my hair out of my face. He slowly brought his lips towards mine, hesitating before closing the short distance. I felt an electric shock run through my body, and I kissed him back, closing my eyes. I ran my fingers through his hair pulling him closer. He pulled away and I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a little dazed. "Willy," I breathed.

"How was that?" he asked.

"That was amazing."

"Really?" I nodded. "I thought so too." I grinned and pecked his lips again. "Hungry?" he asked. As if on cue my stomach growled, and we laughed.

Willy led me over to where he had left the picnic basket, on a blanket, by the river. Once we had sat down, Willy took his jacket and hat off, placing them beside him. I looked at him once and started laughing.

"What is it?"

"Your hair," I said between giggles.

"I thought you liked my hair," he replied.

"I do, but I think I messed it up when we were kissing," I watched as he tried to fix it, and made it worse than it already was. "Let me fix it." I sat up on my knees and arranged the hairs to where they were supposed to be, smoothing it down when I was done.

"Thanks," he said, as I sat back down.

"Your welcome."

"How long have you had that necklace?" he asked suddenly.

"What?" I asked, caught off guard.

"Your locket."

"My dad gave it to me for my tenth birthday," I stated simply. "It was my mothers."

"You always give simple answers when I ask."

"I don't like talking about it, you know that. And it's not really a date conversation."

"Alright." Willy kissed my cheek and started getting the food out of the basket. After a while though, I realized half the stuff he took out shouldn't be able to fit in the basket with all the other stuff.

"How did you get everything in there?"

"What do you mean?"

"Half this shouldn't fit in there with everything else, let alone by itself." He just laughed and didn't answer my question. He then pulled a full cake out of the basket and my mouth fell open.

"You can catch a fly with your mouth hanging open like that," Willy said, and I snapped my mouth shut.

"I have never seen a fly in this factory."

"It's just an expression, Amandah."

"Are you going to answer my question?"

"Nope."

"Why?"

"'cause I don't want too."

"Okay, What food did you bring, then?"

"You watched me put it in the basket," he said.

"That doesn't mean I was paying attention."

"If you were, you would know what we have."

"But then we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"True. I just grabbed the usual stuff." He handed me a sandwich, and we started eating. "Do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"About?"

"You."

"Go ahead, just nothing about my parents, okay."

"Okay. What's your favorite color?"

"Depends on the day and mood I'm in. Lately, it's been blue and purple and sometimes green."

"Music?"

"What about music?"

"What type of music do you like?"

"I like different types of music, Willy."

"What about the song I put on while we were dancing?"

"I liked it." I smiled.

"Good, 'cause I did too."

Eventually, we finished our food and started heading back to the house. Willy had asked me a ton of questions about myself and then answered them as well, so I didn't have to ask him later.

"I had a lot of fun," I said, while we were walking.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded my head. "I've never planned a date before so I didn't know what we were supposed to do."

"It was the best first date, Willy."

"Have you had other relationships, before?"

"Nothing that I was serious about. I never had the time. What about you?"

"No. I invested so much time in my candy, that I never thought about relationships." We were still a few feet away from the house when Willy stopped me.

"What is it?" I asked confused.

"I want to kiss you again," he responded,"before we get to the house. May I?"

"You don't have to ask," I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him, he seemed surprised then kissed back, with a little more confidence than last time. I pulled away and looked into his eye's. They were brighter than usual. "Thank you, Willy."

"What for?"

"An amazing date."