12 - 2019 CrossFit Games RuleBook

THE CROSSFIT GAMES 

The CrossFit Games is an annual worldwide competition to determine the Fittest on Earth[TM]. The CrossFit Games consist of three competitions that form the CrossFit Games season: the Open, the Age-Group Online Qualifier, and the Games. This code of rules governs all facets of the CrossFit Games competition.

THE OPEN 

1.01 - THE OPEN 

The Open is a series of five workouts, with one workout released each week over five consecutive weeks. The Open workouts are released on the official CrossFit Games website. Athlete performances in each workout are judged, validated and ranked on the CrossFit Games Leaderboard. The top qualifying individual athletes in each recognized country and top 20 worldwide overall ranked athletes will qualify to compete at the CrossFit Games. Each weekly workout will be released on Thursday at 5 p.m. Pacific Time. 

Athletes will have until the following Monday at 5 p.m. PT to complete the workout and submit a score. Once the workout closes at 5 p.m. PT on Monday, athletes will not be able to adjust or re-submit a score for that workout. Precise start and end dates for the Open will be announced on the CrossFit Games website. The 2019 Open will commence on Thursday, Feb. 21, at 5 p.m. PT. Subsequent workouts will be released on Feb. 28, March 7, March 14 and March 21, at 5 p.m. PT. The 2019 Open will close on Monday, March 25, at 5 p.m. PT.

1.02 - ATHLETES 

Any athlete meeting CrossFit's age and eligibility requirements may register to compete in the Open. Any athlete wishing to participate in the Open must complete the registration process in time to be eligible to compete in the first Open workout of the season. CrossFit reserves the exclusive right to allow or deny the participation of any athlete. CrossFit also reserves the exclusive right to validate or invalidate any athlete's scores submitted for the purpose of qualifying for the Games. 

CrossFit will make such participation and scoring decisions to preserve the integrity of the competition. CrossFit Inc. reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to invite past winners, guest athletes, teams or others to participate in any stage of the competition. This decision may be made to preserve the traditions and spirit of the CrossFit Games or for any other reason at the sole discretion of CrossFit Inc. 

1.03 - DRUG TESTING 

The Drug Testing Policy applies to all athletes entered in CrossFit Games events, including the Open. [See section 5.]

1.04 - OPEN REGISTRATION 

Every competing athlete must register online at games.crossfit.com. For step-by-step instructions on how to register for the Open, please go to https://games-support.crossfit.com/ and open the "REGISTER" collection. 

1.05 - OPEN REGISTRATION - CROSSFIT ACCOUNT 

Each athlete must have a CrossFit account in order to compete in the Open. Athletes only need to create a CrossFit account once. Athletes will use the same CrossFit account each year for all competitions. Athletes will use their account for registering, submitting scores, tracking workout submission and validation deadlines, and reviewing their score submission history. 

It is the athlete's sole responsibility to provide current, valid and truthful information in creating an account, including date of birth, gender (see section 6 regarding Transgender Policy), and email address. Any athlete with questions or concerns about creating an account should contact support@crossfitgames.com. Athletes should not create duplicate accounts.