𝟑 | Riders In Black

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢
" shadows in the screaming night "
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢" shadows in the screaming night "THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

────── 〔✿〕──────

The sun shone brightly, its proud golden glow gracing the earth with its warmth, while morning birds sung happily. They chirped their songs as they harmonized together. The clouds sailed the air leisurely, crawling across the sky at their own pace, while the air smelt of fresh wild flowers and sweet honey.

Maleficents eyes followed the two small birds that flew above them. Their wide wings held them suspended in the air, no fear of falling present in their dark eyes, while her own wings longed to stretch and catch the wind. She walked ahead of the two hobbits but her heart yearned to fly with those birds. A sigh passed her ruby lips before her eyes flickered back over her shoulder to the blonde hobbit that was looking at her. His brown eyes ghosted over her sharp and twisted horns then tracked down the feathers of her wings.

"Is their something you'd like to ask?" She hummed as her right hand rested on her sword while the left clutched her staff loosely. Frodo perked up at the sound of her voice while Sam jumped softly.

"I was just wonderin' m'lady..." Sam hummed as he kicked the dirt nervously. He regretted even opening his mouth at this point but there was no going back. His curiosity wouldn't allow it "how...old are you?"

"Sam!?" Frodo laughed, his cheeks almost hurting with how wide his smile was. Maleficent chuckled softly as her wings shook with her shoulders.

"I know! I know!" Sam cried out as he blushed "it's just that, well, you were on that adventure with Mr. Bilbo and that was sixty years ago..."

He trailed off as the witches laughter grew slightly louder "I age like a Dúnedain, dear Sam, and I am currently 83 years old"

Both hobbits eyes widened at the sudden revelation while Maleficent laughter dimmed to a teasing smile. Many perceived her pointed ears as elvish which led to misconceptions about her race. A winged she-elf, or something akin to that. Which was wrong. She was simply Maleficent. The trio lapse into a comfortable silence once more and continued their trek though the country and the vast field of the Shire. They walk past trees and more fields, farmers and windmills, till Sam stops.

"This is it." He called to Maleficent and Frodo whips had stopped walking and turned to him.

"This is what?" Frodo asked.

Sam sighed as he stared at the nervously "If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been."

"C'mon, Sam." Sam hesitated when stepping forward but Frodo put his arm around his shoulder in comfort "Remember what Bilbo used to say? "It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."