Chapter 8: We Are The Vermillions

"Fumiko get up you have a visitor."

Sayuri's crystal blue eyes slowly opened to see a woman standing on the other of the bars. Her rose colored lips folded into a smile, and she slowly sat up against the wall.

"I didn't expect you to visit me so soon."

The woman's face remained firm, she stared at her old friend blankly before sitting down on a brown chair. She lifted up her hand and smiled at the officers kindly "Care to leave us alone for a bit?"

The officers shrugged "Even though you are the one who brought her in, until her trial we can't let you spend more than 5 minutes alone with her."

"That's fine, 5 minutes should be more than enough."

The officers nodded, and quickly made their way down the hall closing the door behind them.

"I guess in the end you were the only one who didn't stray from the path Issho-Sensei had set for you." Sayuri spoke softly.

Erica didn't speak for a moment, her mind seemed to have been stuck in a deep thought as she stared at her for a bit.

"Yeah, you're right..."

The raven haired woman's lips curled oddly before she let out an odd laugh almost like a witch. "What a fool you are though. You haven't changed a bit since 15 years ago."

Erica's eyebrows slanted a bit from her rude comment "What is that supposed to mean..."

Sayuri's expression still remained snake-like, she gave her a small grin before lifting up her hands to reveal cuffs "Not sure perhaps I'd be willing to talk more if these things weren't tearing at my wrist."

"Shut up, even I know that something like that wouldn't bother you. Not to mention you know I can't let you roam free." Sayuri then sighed "It was worth a shot."

"Why did you decide to come here anyways? To gain closure? Attempt to face your past?"

"I'm not sure, I thought that by speaking with you maybe I would have found an answer to that. But now I feel more lost than I have before." Erica muttered.

"Is it because of the boy?" Sayuri questioned.

Erica seemed a bit surprised by the woman's comment but before she could even respond Sayuri quickly spoke. "I never realized that she had a second child."

"Seeing the way how he spoke to me and my daughter reminded me of her."

Erica remained silent and looked down at her feet.

"I'm surprised he even wants to become a hero after everything that happened."

After saying that Sayuri noticed the awkward frown on Erica's face and her eyes widened "He doesn't know does he?"

A light giggle escaped from her mouth before transforming into an intrigued laugh "My isn't this an interesting situation...it's only a matter of time until..."

"Shut up"

Erica stood up and kicked her chair back "You don't understand anything!"

Sayuri kept her grin and spoke slowly, she stood up and got close to the bars "I know that if he found out the truth he'd hate you more than anyone. Besides you shouldn't use that kid to atone for your past mistakes."

"Erica your time is up"

The hero turned to see the officers walking into the room with stoic expressions.

"Oh that's a shame...it seems like our meeting has been cut short."

Erica glared at Sayuri harshly before turning back and walking down the hall.