O A T M E A L C O O K I E S

[SECOND PERSON] (rewritten 𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗳 11/24/22)
"Following me won't get you anywhere."

"Dang. Caught already? You're good at this." Tord came out of his hiding spot and raised his hands up in the air.

"What're you even following me for?"

"To see what you do in your free time." He shrugged, you just looked at him dead in the eyes with the most annoyed expression you could muster up.

"I could do the same, but you don't see me doing that do you?" Your argued.

"I mean, yeah, you could. Maybe I just haven't caught you stalking me yet."

"Hmm," you raised your eyebrows and turned around, "No arguing there, I am better than you at hiding and stalking." You commented as you continued to walk, not waiting for him to follow you.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" He asked as you turned to a corner, just as he was also about to turn the same corner, you were no where to be seen.

"Ugh." He hung his head in defeat, "So that's what she meant."

------------

Tord was ecstatic to learn there was another shady person in the house, someone he could somewhat relate to. A funny thing to be excited about.

Weird, I know. But he just wanted someone to share some shady interests with.

But when he tried getting closer to you, you always kept to yourself and answering as carefully as possible.

That hurt the man, but that just meant he still needs to gain your trust.

Your shift in demeanor and change of tone caught him off guard a little- a lot.

From a person who talked and acted like a child, to a cold and mysterious individual.

You were an enigma. He even wondered if you yourself understood your own existence.

He heard the front door open, peering over his shoulder he saw you close and locking the door.

"Back so soon?" He asked, noticing the paper bag you had in your arms.

"You sure? The line in the supermarket was beyond long." You groaned and complained, dragging a hand over your face. You sounded so immature, almost like a kid who's complaining about not getting the last juice box.

What was going on? Was this the same person who was so confident that they were better than him?

Tord nodded and played along. He eventually pointed his finger towards the paper bag with raised eyebrows, "What did you buy?"

"Aahhh, I saw a recipe for butter cookies last night and I wanted to try and bake them today." You cheered, taking out the ingredients and placing them on the kitchen counter.

Tord had followed you to the kitchen and observed.

Your body language screamed excitement and bliss, that made his stomach churn.

It'll take him a while to understand you. There was something so oddly eerie about how you carry yourself.

------------

"(Y/n), these are great!" Edd compliments, "Goes great with cola." He dips the cookie into the carbonated drink and ate it.

"Awesome, so you guys wouldn't mind if I baked here often?"

"As long as you share some, we won't mind." Matt shrugged, stealing a pile on Tom's plate. In return Tom stole a cookie off of Matt's plate.

It became chaotic fast.

"I'm going to tidy up the kitchen." You excused yourself before you'd get caught in the cross fire.

"These weren't poisoned were they?" Tord entered the room.

"Your plate was the only poisoned one." You causally pulled out the baking tray and placed it on the sink as Tord spat the cookie out.

"Geez, I was joking."

"Right, I knew that." He laughed awkwardly, eating some cookies off of his plate.

"You're funny." You commented.

"You like funny guys?"

"Yeah, especially when they're 6 feet under." You let out a laugh as he sheepishly stood by the door way.

"I'm joking, dude. Don't take me so seriously."

You continued to laugh as he hesitated to join you. He was never as lost as he is right now.

Goodness have mercy on him.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Diamond love ~💎