Tryouts

It was simple, host tryouts on the football field. All of the indoor gyms had been booked. It was a little rainy outside but not much, we could manage. 

All the girls gathered around Ella, a 13 year old, normal, cheerleader, and gymnast, to hear instructions.

"All right. I want to see your best tumbling." Ella yelled, "go!" As Ella walked around to watch the girls, they would work even harder. It had started raining harder since the beginning, but they kept going. 

"Number 12, go home, and try to do better than a cartwheel." Ella said. This continued as Ella dismissed several girls, pouring rain now, the girls that were left kept going, trying to prove themselves to Ella. Lightning started, and thunder, louder than ever. 

There was a saying lightning never strikes in the same place twice. Ella Jackson proved that wrong. It had not only struck her twice but 7 times. Ella's best friend, Bryn, called 911, as she watched Ella fall to the ground. 

911 operator: 911 whats your emergency?

Bryn was staring at Ella, crying her eyes out, as Ella lays, lifeless on the ground.

Bryn: Help! My friend, Ella, was struck 7 times by lightning! We are at the high school football field for cheer tryouts! Please you have to save her, she is just laying there!

911 operator: Is she breathing? 

Bryn runs over to Ella falling on her knees, still crying in the rain that has now completely drenched Bryn and the other girls. 

Bryn: Barely! Please help her!

911 operator: They're about 10 seconds away, just stay with your friend.

Flashing sirens approach as Bryn waves them down. They sprint over and put Ella on a backboard. 

"You can come with us," one first responder says. Bryn nods her head and runs with them.

They get in the ambulance, as Bryn hears the first responders say terms that she can't understand. They quickly arrive to the hospital, as the first responders get Ella out of the ambulance. They pass her on to the doctors, of Lakeshore hospital.