Prologue pt.1

Once upon a time there was an Inchanted Forest filled with all the classic characters we know.

Or think we know.

One day they found themselves in a world where all their happy endings were stolen.

Our world.

This is how it happened.

Rumple Stiltskin was about 6 years old when his father have him up for youth. He had been a terrible father to him, drinking and gambling, he was the village coward. Rumple had procured a magic bean from the spinsters who he wa living with and took his father to a land called Neverland, where all your dreams could come true, if you simply believed. while they were in Neverland, his father let the only inhabitant of the island, a shadow, take him in trade for youth. He could do whatever he wanted whenever. He named himself Peter Pan in memory of the son that he gave away, as it had been one of his dolls name. Poor little Rumple went back to live with the spinsters, who graciously took him in and raised him from there.

There was a time when The Enchanted Forest was under attack, in a war with the Ogres. The war had taken its toll on the entire realm, and the draft took over. Rumple was of course no exception.

He had been happily married for quite a time, and his wife sent him with grace, willing him to come home but knowin that the chances were slim. Once rumple got to the battle field, it really hit him what was happening. He saw a prisoner who was beig kept in a cage. She was a seir, and she told him that he was going to have a son. But she said that he would give him up just as his coward father had, and that there would be a boy who would help reunite him with his son in a new world, and that boy would be his undoing. At the time, the undoing part wasn't a big deal, as he was stuck on the fact that his wife was with child.

Rumple did not want this to happen to any child of his, so he put an axe through his foot so that he could go home and not die and make his son grow up without a father like he did.

When he got home, he told his wife what he had done, thinking that it would make her happy, but she called him a coward for not fighting and took offence.

There were many problems from there.

The story changes now to a time around the same as when the ogre war, although in an earlier time. There was a captain of the kings navy named Liam. He hand his left tenant, who was also his brother, had been sent off to a different realm on a special mission from the king to get a plant that would serve as a medicine for soldiers fighting in the war. Their men were loyal to the king, as Liam and Killian were.

When they arrived in the realm via Pegasus sail, Killian and Liam took a smaller boat to shore to gather the specimen of the plant that they needed. They met a young boy, who claimed to be the only one living on the island. His name was Peter Pan. He told them that the plant that they needed was called dream shade. It was a deadly poision, not a medicine. Liam had a blind faith in the king, but Killian was him for what he really was, a coward who would use the plant to wipe out their enemy. This wasn't fair, so Killian refused. But Liam stubborn as he was, decided to test the plant by injecting it into his forearm. The boy Peter Pan came and told him of a water from a waterfall that ran behind the plant that could cure him, but he said it came with a price. So Killian healed his brother and they left to return to their kingdom and tell of their kings misdoings.

The price of magic is always steep. The two brothers were below deck when that price was payed, and Liam died of his wound. Apparently the water only worked if you stayed in Neverland.

Since Killian was left tenant, he inherited the ship. As they let his passed brother fall to the sea, he riled up his men and told them the truth. They all became pirates with him, wanton to take everything away from the kingdom, starting with the ship, which he named the Jolly Roger.

For at least among theivs, there is honor.