2~ the league

JANNETS POV
Clove looking at me with a "what's going on" look. These men were fully armed and just then i saw the boy whom i saved.

"You"

"Hello lady, we are quite grateful you saved him tonight otherwise all our secrets would be out," A man in his late 30s said shooting a look at that young boy.

"Secrets" what the hell is going on, why are a bunch of thugs looking like spies at my doorstep and what do they want from me?

"Listen, lady, we can't tell you everything here, jack told us you fought amazingly to save him and you were a shooter yourself so we're here to make an offer with you" the man spoke. "So may we come in"

I looked at clove he was still in the what's going on look, that useless person can't even help me to decide. A little talking couldn't hurt anyone
"Yeah come in"
                                  ******
Back to reality;

"Amily can you just stop running & tell me why you want the money instead of hijacking my purse," I said exhaustingly.

"Promise me you'll help," she said a bit nervously.

"Promise," I said, as we sat on her bed she looked quite worried. "Okay so tell me what happened"

"It's about kate" kate is amily's best friend, his father owns a multinational company so they are quite rich, unlike us.
"What about her," i ask looking at her while she's staring at the floor.

"It's Kate's birthday party on Saturday & all her friends are gonna bring expensive gifts for her and I just wanted to buy her that pendant she wanted so ba-"

I cut her off saying "you don't have to stress over it" giving her a little smile "I'll get you that"

"But it's 120 dollars"

"I told you I'll get you, so you don't have to worry about it" even though I told her that I was still thinking where the hell will I get that money I only have 20 or 30 dollars in my purse. My mother was from a very rich family even after she was married, her family sent her money it was when she joined the league that she got into a fight with her family because they didn't want her to get into that business.

The league changed her life, they made her sign an agreement that she will do whatever we say and in exchange will pay them 10 thousand dollars every month. They made her shoot people, rob banks, put people in hospitals, etc. The second month like the wise saint said she got cursed she was about to die and begged dad to take her to the saint(our grandfather) he did some magical stuff so she didn't die but her powers weren't there when she woke up, and it was said that one of your children will get some sort of curse she accepted that and that's the reason she's alive if I do something bad I would die and this time there's no one to save me either as our grandfather died a year ago.

"Venessa why haven't you done the dishes yet, you useless girl"

"But mom it's carter's turn to do them today" I yelled across the room.

"Come here right now"

As I went to the kitchen she started blabbing to me, "My dear son is preparing for his medical test and you want me to disturb him because you are just too lazy to do it. Huh!!"

"FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION I HAVE 3 ASSESSMENTS AND A PRESENTATION DUE THIS WEEK TOO" but I just said that inside my head so no one heard it, but me

I mumbled an 'okay' as I went to the sink to wash the dishes. Still, thinking how am I going to get enough money to buy kate that present?

Yeah, i know this chapter's a bit small but I'll try my best the next one's long enough :) if you like it so far I wouldn't mind a vote.