Sewn together

(Fem!reader makes something for Clint)
(I'm in a gift giving theme here Alright..)
(F/c) - favorite color

——————————
——————————————-

Things were really screwed up this time.

Both (y/n) and Clint's five year anniversary was today and the gift that (y/n) had been making still wasn't near completion at all. It had taken a while to think of just what to give someone as amazing as her boyfriend, an archer, a freakin AVENGER, but eventually, she decided that it needed to be something home made.

Staring in her closet, there sat the unfinished gift in a heap on a shelf. It was a quilt. Several shades of purple and gray created the borders while the square patches were each their own individual picture that had some sort of  meaning to Clint.

In her opinion, the squares are the reason it took so long. (Y/n) wasn't the best at sewing and she had to watch a few videos on how to make the squares. Then there was the other factor that she kept accidentally stabbing her fingertips with the needle while sewing the pieces together.

She still had bandaids on her hands from it.

With a sigh, (y/n) pulled the stitched cloth from the closet as well as the sewing kit. It was a cheap kit courtesy of Wal-mart but she customized it with stickers.

"Clint shouldn't be here until 3:35. So I have at least an hour and a half to complete this."
She said with somewhat bold confidence, subconsciously wishing that she wasn't hoping for too much.

——————————-
—————————————-

Time had blurred by as (y/n) was sewing together the squares. She was partway under the quilt as she was sewing it, picking the squares from the coffee table as she needed them.

She had four left to put on and was about to make it three when the door suddenly got a knock on it.

(Y/n) looked up wide-eyed, almost dropping the sewing needle.

Shit is he here already?.

The knock sounded again and (y/n) quickly jumped up from the couch, grabbing the unfinished quilt and running it back to her room to hide it.

"damn it damn it damn it damn it DAMN it."
She uttered along the way.

At the third series of knocks on the door her boyfriend spoke up.
"(Y/n)? Are you there?"

Crap

"Just a second!."
(Y/n) called back as she closed her bedroom door and headed to the front of her apartment to open the door for Clint.

And there he stood as she opened it, a goofish grin on his face.

"In a rush?"
He asked with amusement.

"I was putting things together."
(Y/n) responded. Not a total lie.

She took a few steps back to let the man in and closed the door behind him.

He wrapped an arm around (y/n) and brought her into a warm hug.
"Happy anniversary."

(Y/n) grinned softly and hugged him back. His hugs were the best out of everyone she knew. They just somehow had a calming way to them.