Forgotten

After the incident. U.A had reporters, interviewers and the news channels covering them. Making assumptions about the second best hero, Endeavour's child. It was supposed to be highly secretive, but the media always gets their ways. Todoroki-Kun was never spoken of. Aizawa-Sensei told us not to speak about him again. It was for the best, for the school and it was secretly for me and Kacchan.

Now, it's just me, Iida and Uraraka. My mother begged me to stop going to U.A
But, my dreams to becoming a hero. Was still strong, it only wavered. Just a little bit. I just can't stop thinking of Shoto. Kacchan somehow became extremely soft on me. I can't really blame him now. We had too much on our minds. The rest of the class grieved for Shoto. Unaware if he's actually alive or not. The empty seat in our class reminds us about him on a daily basis.

We all missed Shoto; but we all missed the old and fake Shoto. If the entire class knew who the real Shoto was, then they wouldn't have weep. Apparently, we had to keep the whole incident with Shoto a secret. Only me, and Katsuki knows. From class 1-A at least.

The teachers knew. So did some of the pro heroes. But it wasn't spoken of. And apparently, we had to forget about Shoto. That was what the Todoroki family wanted. But I knew, it was just Endeavour's request. Now, we go to school. Acting all normal and training. But it was hard.

I laid on my bed, still awake. Even though it was 4 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, ever since the incident with Shoto. I can't sleep properly. It's been affecting my training and health. I should probably ask All Might to get me sleeping pills. I looked out the window. The stars was sparkling. But it quickly became cloudy.

Making the star's sparkle, fade. I got up, feeling a bit hot and worn out. I decided to do some stretches. I took a deep breath as I sat down and started stretching. Until, that one time where Shoto walked in on me changing, got into my mind. It was so embarrassing. But, I didn't know that he actually finished kidnapping Kacchan.

Everything about him was a lie. And I was still holding onto that lie. I hope Shoto was still alive. I hope. I closed my eyes, and remembered the time that Shoto trapped me in the bathroom. The stall. It was scary.

I gritted my teeth, before letting out a loud groan. "God, everything about him keeps messing with me." I said softly, with a cry. I flopped onto my bed, taking my phone from the side table. I fidgeted with it, before turning it on. I haven't been on it recently, since .. I used to text Shoto on there frequently.

It reminded me about the times we had, the things we done; and the things we had dreamt of doing together.

My phone immediately started blowing up with notifications, I jumped, accidently dropping my phone onto my bed. I was breathing heavily, cold sweat rolling down my cheek and my chest. I exhaled shakily, trying to calm myself down. I had scared myself, that's all. The notifications were all from my classmates, group chats and those All Might group chats that I was in.

Why did I expect one of the notifications to be Shoto? He was always the one that had greeted me in the morning. Maybe it's because I was so used to seeing his messages.

It was really depressing, wasn't it? How much longer am I gonna hold on to those memories and hopes. I laid back down on my bed, turning off my phone. "You're hopeless, Izuku. Hopeless." I eventually drifted off.

How long was I sleeping? The sunlight was shining into my room, I yawned grumpily. Slowly opening my eyes, after a few blinks or so; I noticed that my alarm clock was ringing. I didn't even realise that it was beeping irritatingly. I forced myself to get up, feeling a headache coming up. I sighed as I looked over at my phone, turning it on with a click of a button. Group chats were still active, Kacchan seem to have greeted me good morning.

So far, nothing from Shoto.

I softly smacked myself, I should stop expecting anything from Shoto. He was toxic and vile, I should be glad he's out of my life. I shouldn't let this manifest into a habit, I didn't like it and it was unhealthy either way. I placed my phone down and got up, lightly stretching.

I let out a small moan as I did so, I felt energised for the day; which was uncommon since the incident. I looked around before, washing up and getting ready for school. I ran downstairs with my bag hanging off of my shoulders.

There, I was met with the sight of my mom, looking worried as ever. She immediately faced me once she saw me. "Izuku! There you are! I was beginning to get worried, are you feeling well?"

She was shaking, like she had saw a ghost. I raised an eyebrow as I placed my bag on the couch. "I'm perfectly fine, are you alright .. mom?" She was trying her best to force out a smile, but in my opinion, it made her look even worse.

I nervously sat down at the dining table as my mom frantically gathered up breakfast. I flashed a warm smile at her as she placed my food down. "Thanks for cooking, mom." I said softly as I picked up my chopsticks and began eating.

My mom was sitting at the opposite direction of me, staring at me. "Izuku, I've noticed that eyebags has begun to form. You look like a raccoon... are you sure everything is fine?"

I lifted my head up with my mouth full. "Oh, yes I'm fine. Don't worry, I've just been staying up late studying. That's all." I had to lie to her, if not she'd be against me, going to U.A

I still want to pursue my dreams of becoming a hero, I won't let Shoto or anyone else stand in my way. I unconsciously, aggressively shoved food in my mouth.

My mom sighed as he showed me a tired smile. "Alright, but sleep is important. You must take care of yourself if you want to attend school."
I gave her a confident thumbs up, soon enough I was done with breakfast. I got up and carried my bag before my mother stopped me. "Ah, Izuku! Do you have your phone? I want to call you time to time while you're at school, to check on you .. And I've noticed you haven't been bringing your phone around. Why's that?"

My mom noticed that I haven't been active on my phone lately, nor was I bringing it around. I gulped my saliva down while trying to keep up a good excuse. "I've been so busy I must have forgotten about it. It's upstairs, I'll get it before I leave." I threw my bag on the couch and ran upstairs, not wanting to be late for school. I burst into my room and saw my phone silently sitting on my bed.

I huffed as I grabbed it. "There you are." I whispered to myself, I was about to turn around and leave with my phone in my hand before I felt it vibrate. I looked at it confused, before remembering that I had set the setting to vibrate. A new notification? I turned it on, expecting something from Kacchan or my classmates.

"Good morning, Izuku."

A notification popped up on my lockscreen, displaying the text. I swiped right on it, my phone automatically unlocked and directed me to the person who had messaged me that. It couldn't be Kacchan, he already had wished my good morning.

Could it be, Uraraka? All the guesses swirled around in my head, but when I saw who the sender was. I accidentally dropped my phone.

Shoto Todoroki has send you a message.

🌸👑🌸👑🌸👑🌸👑🌸👑🌸👑🌸

Word Count: 1362

H e h e h e