[Craig/Famous!Reader] Loyal To Me

♥ continuation of ; "Good at Goodbyes"
♥ songfic
♥ 2400+ words
♥ notes ; potential part three, didn't wanna cram too many things into one chapter.

༺♡༻
❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
༺♡༻

Alone, she sat on the edge of her sofa staring blankly at the television. It's already been a month, yet the media hasn't gotten their fill of her relationship drama.

The constant reminder was draining, as were his texts and voice mails each detailing a repetition of a lie she was fed up with. Despite blocking his number numerous times, he'd return twice as strong.

She gave up fighting it.

Her home almost felt like a cage, despite its large size and outdoor space, she never dared to go beyond the gate. Only ever stepping foot outside to retrieve food ordered and bills.

[E/c] eyes rip away from the display before her, glancing at her ringing phone. It was Wendy, a close friend from grade school she'd somewhat fallen out of touch with, midway through her problems with Clyde.

Hesitantly grabbing her phone, she stares at it. Her thumb hovers over the red circle momentarily before clicking the other beside it.

Slowly bringing it to her ear, she mutters a soft "Hello."

"Hey girl, sorry I haven't called sooner. I've been having issues of my own— but how are you?"

The frail figure takes a moment to glance around the room. Bagged leftovers of uneaten goods left scattered in the kitchen. It trailed into the living room. The whole sight was a mess.

"...Recovering."

A sigh comes from the other end of the call, along with some thumping. "Are you that torn?"

Running a hand into her [h/c] hair, she gave the question some thought. Was she? Of course she felt immense pain in the beginning, but now was just a task of moving on.

The absence of her best friend is what took a toll on her the most. No longer being able to have what was cherished deeply several months before the whole ordeal— that's what she was trying to delete.

Their long conversations of pointless, stupid things— especially the one liners he'd use to get her to laugh, then, when she was mad he would do anything possible just to get her to smile.

"Hello? [F/n]?"

The failed attempt of a cake he made to congratulate the rise of her success. How it tasted absolutely horrid, but she still tried to scarf it down simply because he made it.

"[F/n] are you there?"

The one person she knew she could confide in, gone. It was all gone. Never would she experience this with him again.

"[F/n]—"

She sits up, rocking her head either side by a centimeter. An expression of anger crosses her. All her time wasted and efforts given into someone who didn't deserve it. She wanted to soar with flying colors.