Prologue

It was silent.

A peace unknown brought to light.

There was no shadows, only life glimmering in the meadow.

He smiled at the light of the sun, fingers reaching up to touch the warmth.

How can something compare to such a beauty? How can such a warmth grow so cold in such a matter of time?

Everything was turning, the Wonderland was falling and soon enough he was too.

How can he remember? Why can't he remember? He needs to remember.

Flashes of blood, a child and a woman come and go. Something deep within the academy... it's somewhere...

Red, red, red.

Something unlike snow, for snow was pure and white.

But what was red?

Her eyes? Her hair? Her lips? Her taste?

His blood?

Falling into the depths of darkness, was there gonna be any light?

Then the whispers came, in his ear and out.

Soon enough, he stopped falling. He was warm again, safe in the sun's arms.

"Kaname...", he turned towards the whispers, towards the figure in the light, "Do you remember when you never saw the light? Before you were human... when you were mine?"

She was warm, despite her cold skin. She was soft, despite her sharp eyes. She was home, despite the fact he didn't remember.

His voice was gone, he didn't know.

No.

He didn't remember anything.

She smiled at him, "Good"

Why was it good?

Shouldn't he remember?

She stroked his cheek softly, "Without such a burden, you can be free...", she was fading away, her skin slowly crystallising and shards falling from her, "Free to be yourself... to find love... to grow old... and dance in the sun...", her eyes looked into his,"Soon enough you will live happily"

As soon as she said that, another girl came into the picture as the woman backed away. The girl was small and petite with short brown hair and wine-red eyes, she smiled at him with a sadness that cut deeply.

"I want to give you, whom I love, the world that I saw when I was human...", her voice was like chimes, "in exchange... I will be gone from your world...", she stood back with the red haired woman and started to fade away with her, "but we will meet again, we will all meet again... as family, big brother..."

'The long and endless journey... you, who existed with that thirst, may your thirst be quenched'

He fell again, into the darkness and it only lasted a second but it felt like eternity. He awoke, frightened and afraid. It was cold and dark.

'Where... where am I?'

His eyes met another pair, and they made him feel something. Those red eyes, so terrifying yet so beautiful. He felt... safe.

"Are you okay?"

It all started from there, where he walked in the sun, not as a creature of the night, but as a human.

He met two other girls who held a mysterious air. He turned to find those red eyes, but they were gone.

He was told that his name was Kaname, Kaname Kuran. That he will get a new start, a new life.

Soon enough, he was lifting his hand in the sun, feeling and touching its warmth.

"What a beautiful light"